View RSS Feed

Marb

1. Happy Birthday Mr Marb :)

It's my 35th birthday tomorrow. The pitman Derby is at my local track. My grandad was a pitman miner and each year I like to try and get the winner!

I like the profile of the lightly raced and improving Rajinsky for trainer Tom Dascombe at a good price of 14/1.

Earlier in the day I like the profile of Virgin Snow who looks to be coming in the race in great form. Don't be put off by the fact her last win was in a handicap either.

I've changed my mind ...

Updated 26th June 2020 at 7:36 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Who to blame?

Gh

Updated 11th July 2020 at 5:47 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Royal Ascot Friday. Selections.

I haven't been in the best of form so far this week. Everytime I have had a shortlist I seem to go for the wrong one. Anyways. I've a few angles for Friday.

1.15 Mighty Spirit has good form in big fields especially with cut in the ground. She races first time in a handicap looking well handicapped on a mark of 90. I am sure Richard Fahey would love a winner at this meeting as would this fillies owner.

1.50 Mahale is a positive in the early markets. It will interesting ...

Updated 18th June 2020 at 9:27 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Irish 2000 Guineas meeting at the Curragh.

I have been looking at Friday evenings cards which is on ITV4.

There are some top races taking place in Ireland.

My early thoughts as follows. In no particular order!

Joseph O Brien teams up with owner JP Mcmanus with (5:40) Music To My Ears in the valuable handicap. He could have plenty in hand of the handicapper. He should be starting a single figure price. I think he can win.

Joseph O Brien can also take the Group Three with Choice Of ...

Updated 12th June 2020 at 7:02 AM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Marble's flat horses to follow in 2020

I have pasted in from various posts on this forum. I will update to add more in due course.

1. Breathtaking Look is a mare I am very keen on seeing again. She improved 20lbs + on her original rating by the end of 2019. The highlight was beating good opposition in the Group 3 Sceptre Stakes at Doncaster when making all which is her customary way of running.

I am happy to put a line through her following all weather defeat. I feel she will prove her Doncaster win was ...

Updated 23rd July 2020 at 3:32 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized