View RSS Feed

Marb

1. Alright Sunshine red hot in the plate

Keith Dalgleish had a treble the other day and his Alright Sunshine is a live contender for the Northumberland Plate having won last time out when the first time visors were applied.

This horse was tried in valuable turf handicap races last season where he failed to fire, but his only start on the all weather yielded a decent fifth place in a Group Three at this track last year. He was staying on and it wasn't a bad first effort at Newcastle.

He's got a lovely racing ...

Updated 25th June 2021 at 12:15 PM by Marb

Tags: plate 2021 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Derby Meeting 2021

I've been to the Derby three times, in 2001, 2002 and 2016. Galileo was definately the best winner I saw in the flesh. I'd have love to have gone this year.

On the Saturday, in the 3 year old handicap, Patient Dream (Saturday 2.00) is the horse I'm liking the look of. He improved markedly from his gelding operation, when winning first time out.

The form looks top class as the second and third horses look very good progressive three year olds who have won other races ...

Updated 2nd June 2021 at 7:18 PM by Marb

Tags: epsom derby Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. What are you backing this Saturday

There's some good racing in Ireland on Saturday at the Curragh, plus here in England, at Goodwood, York and Haydock. All covered by ITV racing.

I wanted to get an early look at the action.

Here's two horses I like a lot at the prices.

Haydock

Dash Of Spice was a horse to follow of mine after an impressive win in the Duke of Edinburgh handicap at Royal Ascot 2018. That was a top class effort for a colt, which he was ...

Updated 21st May 2021 at 1:03 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Victoria Cup 2021... On A Session a value price

On A Session is a really interesting contender in the Victoria Cup tomorrow. He won his first two career starts abroad in May 2018. He then went to Ireland where he popped up to win a handicap at 20/1 on what was his second start in Ireland.

He's now switched to trainer David Barrons whose horses are running well. On A Session has shown his capability with two good efforts when fourth and second the last two times, the latter effort finishing just behind some improving handicappers ...

Updated 7th May 2021 at 2:55 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. The 2021 Grand National anti post fancy

I've total respect for Cloth Cap.

Although I'm drawn to trying to find a big priced horse who may out run its odds.

I reckon Pym actually fits the profile nicely. He's lightly raced over fences, so not the battle hardened handicapper that some may want for this race of attrition.

However, in those eight races over fences, he won three of those. His first two wins at the start of the 2019/20 season were very interesting ones.

He won first ...

Updated 22nd March 2021 at 12:40 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast