View RSS Feed

Marb

1. My cheltenham festival best bets and interests.

My best bet of the meeting. Fakir D'oudaries, Ryanair. The prices I've obviously considered. I like his chance a lot over 2M4F. I'm just waiting for confirmation he'll run in this race, rather than the Queen Mum.

If he ran in the Queen Mum that would mess me right over. I've taken 10/1 NRNB, so won't lose anything, but he's my strongest fancy of the meeting, I need him in the Ryanair.

Next best, Goshen, Champion Hurdle.

My best each way(s), in the boodles ...

Updated 14th March 2021 at 12:41 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Classic Chase - Warwick 16/1/21

Upon changing trainer, Didero Vallis won on his second and third start over fences, over distances which appeared to make him look like a 2M4F chaser.

The past eighteen months or so, the horses best performances were when fifth in the Brown Plate at the Cheltenham festival behind Siruh Du Lac.

He was then second on boxing day 2019 at Wetherby, when splitting race winner Top Ville Ben, and the eventual third horse horse home Lake View Lad.

Top Ville ...

Updated 15th January 2021 at 6:11 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Becher Chase 2020

I was just looking at the Becher Chase this Saturday. Looks competative with plenty of chances, although I am drawn to Smooth Stepper at this early stage. He won at big odds of 33/1 in the Haydock Grand National trial last season. I don't know if he was intended to run in the Grand National before it was abandoned, but anyway, he is quite old aged 11 so this could be his final season, but age didn't stop him at Haydock.

That was probably his best run to date. He had future Cheltenham ...

Updated 29th November 2020 at 7:20 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Champions Day at Ascot

1.20 Stradavarius a worthy favorite but if ever he was vulnerable it might after a tilt at the Arc. If he can bounce back fair play to connections, but there is a freak in the field, and that freak is Sovereign. This one mullered our 2019 Derby winner in last seasons Irish Derby at the Curragh. Aidan O Brien said the horse was always talented but for whatever reason had not shown this on the racetrack. I've a feeling that this Saturday could be a day where Sovereign will put its best foot forward ...

Updated 16th October 2020 at 11:03 AM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Fancies for this Saturday, Ceserewitch Day

Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marb View Post
    I've been through the Coral Sprint at York this Saturday. It looks a minefield of a race but one who has definately caught my attention is Tranchee, who is having a much better season this summer, having changed trainer to David Loughrane's yard.

Tranchee won nicely the last day at Doncaster so is coming in here in top form, and his second placing to River Nymph, with Owen Burrows future winner Danyah back in third reads really well.

Tranchee was only receiving 1lb
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast