View RSS Feed

Marb

1. My horses to follow for the 2018 flat season

1. COMPUTABLE. Trained by Tim Easterby, he struck me as a horse who improved for being gelded, which he showed when a respectable third at Thirsk last time. He travelled powerfully that day, like a horse who would improve for the run, and if he cannot improve on that rating of 76 this season, I will pack the game in. He's entered at Thirsk on Saturday, where he seems to have his handicap mark unchanged.

2. GOSSIPING ran a creditable second at the Chester meeting last week where he ...

Updated 18th May 2018 at 8:05 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Ripp Orf the bookies in Victoria Cup at 33/1!

Hayley Turner rides this bottom weight and Ripp Orf surely will not go off 33/1. This lightly raced, unexposed type has had seven races at Kempton learning his trade in lesser races, whilst this entry in such a prestigious handicap is eye-catching. Ripp Orf's profile reminds me of last season's Ceserewitch winner, Withhold, because he arrives in the race completely off the radar, both in terms of true handicap ability and potential. Ripp Orf can run a huge race for Hayley Turner.

Updated 11th May 2018 at 8:36 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Gossiping

I've mentioned Gossiping a few times recently. He's entered on Chester Cup Day on Friday.
    He won at Goodwood twice last season so certainly can handle a sharp track. Goodwood is a right handed track. Chester is also sharp, but is the opposite direction (left handed). Gossiping's last run wasn't too bad. He was un-fancied in the betting, but it looked like that was a fitness sharpener for something upcoming. Shane Kelly is booked to ride, so he's likely to take his chance.

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Third Time Lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Spring Lodge Handicap Stakes. Newmarket. Saturday 1:50. Third Time Lucky 16/1 generally. Do not underestimate what a competitive and appealing handicap this is! Third Time Lucky is a Cambridgeshire winner here already at Newmarket. After that win, he was bumped up to a mark of 106, then understandably went off the boil as horses often do when they reach the ceiling of their potential. Over a year later I don't think trainer Richard Fahey can argue or be disappointed with the Official handicapper
  5. Explain The Bet

Hello all. This is the start of Marble's Blog.

Catterick 5:10

This Wednesday.

Quite a strong fancy for me in the shape of Ruth Carr's Explain.

A solid handicapper who can win of different goings and preferably left handed tracks, Explain ran a nice race last time, and should come on for the run.

I do believe he is fairly handicapped too.

Marble

Updated 24th April 2018 at 10:12 AM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122