View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Epsom Dash

First off. Great to see Caspian Prince going for the four timer!

A race that has had its fair share of lightly weighted winners and higher rated ones' down the years.

I was watching SHAMSHON run over six furlongs at Goodwood this afternoon. He was immensely unlucky not to get any luck in running. I'm only wishing he was a few pounds higher in the handicap, to ensure he would get a run, in the fastest five furlongs anywhere in the world.

The maximum field ...

Updated 27th May 2018 at 8:16 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Key Player to Bowl 'em over

Key Player (Haydock 2:50) is my main horse for Saturday. He's been plying his trade in novice races, which is a better indicator for stepping up to handicaps than maidens these days, (see Ripp Orf in Victoria Cup). This is Key Players first attempt at handicap company after a win at Lingfield recently. He beat Ostilio, who has won since at Newmarket, (now rated 90), which makes Key Player look fairly handicapped on 86. He likes to try to make all. I reckon he will give a good run for his supporters ...

Updated 25th May 2018 at 10:08 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Haydock Saturday early brainstorming session

I've been looking at The Silver Bowl handicap at Haydock this Saturday. I might have found a blot on the handicap, in the shape of Soldiers Minute, but this depends on the reliability of a form line. Last September, Soldier's Minute was fourth in a listed race at Doncaster behind Tip Two Win.

After second placing to Saxon Warrior in the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket, Tip To Win is rated 117 now, while Soldier's Minute current handicap mark is only 93.

Updated 23rd May 2018 at 4:24 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Lock Stock and Suedois

About time that I delved away from the handicaps to nail down a Group One winner especially in what looks such a good renewal of the Lockinge. The David O Meara trained SUEDOIS can scoop late on the scene having already shown that a fast pace against top class opposition brings out the best in him. Suedois who has been racing in England for two years is with the right trainer in David O Meara, to land a major group one race over here. This should be a good season for him.

Updated 18th May 2018 at 8:04 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Copper Knight To Bang Up Bookies

Jack Berry handicap Thursday. York 2:20. I had to reassess this race after my original fancy was withdrawn but I've found an even better candidate in Tim Easterby's Copper Knight. Formerly with Hugo Palmer, Copper Knight came good at this exact time of year in May last season, picking up two races including a 30k handicap at this track. He is certainly a talented sprint handicapper, with a fair rating of 96. I don't think they will catch this horse. The 10/1 is a price worth having a decent punt ...

Updated 17th May 2018 at 4:32 AM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized