View RSS Feed

Marb

1. Lock Stock and Suedois

About time that I delved away from the handicaps to nail down a Group One winner especially in what looks such a good renewal of the Lockinge. The David O Meara trained SUEDOIS can scoop late on the scene having already shown that a fast pace against top class opposition brings out the best in him. Suedois who has been racing in England for two years is with the right trainer in David O Meara, to land a major group one race over here. This should be a good season for him.

Updated 18th May 2018 at 8:04 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Copper Knight To Bang Up Bookies

Jack Berry handicap Thursday. York 2:20. I had to reassess this race after my original fancy was withdrawn but I've found an even better candidate in Tim Easterby's Copper Knight. Formerly with Hugo Palmer, Copper Knight came good at this exact time of year in May last season, picking up two races including a 30k handicap at this track. He is certainly a talented sprint handicapper, with a fair rating of 96. I don't think they will catch this horse. The 10/1 is a price worth having a decent punt ...

Updated 17th May 2018 at 4:32 AM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My horses to follow for the 2018 flat season

1. COMPUTABLE. Trained by Tim Easterby, he struck me as a horse who improved for being gelded, which he showed when a respectable third at Thirsk last time. He travelled powerfully that day, like a horse who would improve for the run, and if he cannot improve on that rating of 76 this season, I will pack the game in. He's entered at Thirsk on Saturday, where he seems to have his handicap mark unchanged.

2. GOSSIPING ran a creditable second at the Chester meeting last week where he ...

Updated 18th May 2018 at 8:05 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Ripp Orf the bookies in Victoria Cup at 33/1!

Hayley Turner rides this bottom weight and Ripp Orf surely will not go off 33/1. This lightly raced, unexposed type has had seven races at Kempton learning his trade in lesser races, whilst this entry in such a prestigious handicap is eye-catching. Ripp Orf's profile reminds me of last season's Ceserewitch winner, Withhold, because he arrives in the race completely off the radar, both in terms of true handicap ability and potential. Ripp Orf can run a huge race for Hayley Turner.

Updated 11th May 2018 at 8:36 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Gossiping

I've mentioned Gossiping a few times recently. He's entered on Chester Cup Day on Friday.
    He won at Goodwood twice last season so certainly can handle a sharp track. Goodwood is a right handed track. Chester is also sharp, but is the opposite direction (left handed). Gossiping's last run wasn't too bad. He was un-fancied in the betting, but it looked like that was a fitness sharpener for something upcoming. Shane Kelly is booked to ride, so he's likely to take his chance.

Categories
    Uncategorized