View RSS Feed

Marb

1. Each Way selection at Fairyhouse on Sunday

Fairyhouse 3:10 - Ivanovich Gorbatov each way. It does feel like a long time since Ivanovich Gorbatov won the Triumph Hurdle. It's been over two years since he won it at Cheltenham, on good ground. He gets the same good ground today. Rightly or wrongly he's rank outsider of the McManus horses, but he is young enough to return to form, still only a 6yo, if good enough. I fancy he will return to form this season, on approximately a stone lower mark, than he was after he won The Triumph. It is a long ...

Updated 2nd December 2018 at 9:07 AM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Dingo to deliver the dollar.

The Ladbrokes Trophy in the Jumps calendar is the next race worth having a bet in. Dingo Dollar has had five starts over fences; this will be his second-season chasing. He is currently 2/5 over fences. This includes a win at Newbury over 2M7F. He needs to step up in class. The fact Alan King thinks he might need further in time is absoloutely fine. He wants to be prominent in his races. To ride on the pace in a Hennessy, you need to stay the trip extremely well.

Updated 27th November 2018 at 12:30 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Brian Ellison to Grab the Greatwood with Nietzsche

Nietzsche alert! This horse was formerly with William Haggas. Off the track since June, but came right back to his best form, two weeks ago with a second placing on the flat. He runs tomorrow on a similar mark, to the one where he was a close third in The Fred Winter at The Cheltenham Festival. The money for Nietzsche in the betting market is also speaking volumes. Boost your Christmas bank with a few Sterling on this.

Updated 19th November 2018 at 2:06 AM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Newcross Irish Ceserewitch

I said a lot about this horse on the anti post thread on the main forum. He should run really well.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, The Each Way Clincher

The Japanese have the best 'long shot', 'each way', or back-to-lay in running horse, in the shape of Clincher. His best runs abroad have tended to be in valuable Group 1's, as opposed to Group Two's and Three's. He can place on firm or soft ground, so conditions somewhere in the middle, like good or good to soft should be perfect. I'd forgive and forget the last run, as it was unlike his usual consistent self. He made most of the running before stopping a furlong or so out. However, I fancy he will ...