View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Champions Day Ascot 2021

I remember Royal Ascot this year I believe it was me and maybe forum member Reet Hard who put Dubai Honour up for a big handicap where he stayed on well at the finish to get a place. He's improved again in group races in France upped in distance so I'd like to see him go one step further although it will tough.

I also think Haggas has a live chance in the shape of Hamish in the opener. He beat a good horse in Hukum the last day and although Hukum wasn't at his best, you'd still have ...

Updated 15th October 2021 at 9:16 PM by Marb

Tags: ascot Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Ante-Post Thread.

I haven't posted on my blog for a while...here goes.

Great Ambassador runs in the 3.15 at York on Sunday, which is a listed race. I'm not sure how that will affect his chance for the Ayr Gold Cup in terms of his rating and possible weight for Ayr?

Coincidently, the horse who was fourth the last day behind Great Ambassador, called First Folio, runs half an hour or so before off the top weight in a six furlong handicap at York.

All things considered ...

Updated 3rd September 2021 at 2:23 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. York Ebor meeting 2021

I was just looking at the entries for the Ebor.

Live Your Dream is anti post favorite after his last win at Newmarket, over Global Storm (2nd), and previous Royal Ascot winner Amtiyaz (3rd).

I think it's interestimg Live Your Dream was subsequently raised 7lb in the handicap to a mark of 101, where as Global Storm back in second, who was giving Live Your Dream 6lb in weight this day, was only raised 4lb, meaning he'll be three pound better off for the 3/4 length beating ...

Updated 3rd August 2021 at 6:03 PM by Marb

Tags: york ebor Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Alright Sunshine red hot in the plate

Keith Dalgleish had a treble the other day and his Alright Sunshine is a live contender for the Northumberland Plate having won last time out when the first time visors were applied.

This horse was tried in valuable turf handicap races last season where he failed to fire, but his only start on the all weather yielded a decent fifth place in a Group Three at this track last year. He was staying on and it wasn't a bad first effort at Newcastle.

He's got a lovely racing ...

Updated 25th June 2021 at 12:15 PM by Marb

Tags: plate 2021 Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Derby Meeting 2021

I've been to the Derby three times, in 2001, 2002 and 2016. Galileo was definately the best winner I saw in the flesh. I'd have love to have gone this year.

On the Saturday, in the 3 year old handicap, Patient Dream (Saturday 2.00) is the horse I'm liking the look of. He improved markedly from his gelding operation, when winning first time out.

The form looks top class as the second and third horses look very good progressive three year olds who have won other races ...

Updated 2nd June 2021 at 7:18 PM by Marb

Tags: epsom derby Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 21 12345611 ... LastLast