Blog Comments

Friday thoughts...I am wondering if anything can out run big odds in The Triumph. There's loads of unexposed horses open to lots of improvement...maybe there is one in there that can run a big race against the two hot favourites..or at least run into a race at a big price..I am still figuring this out.

The County is interesting. Lots of horses who appear to have proven form on good ground but will face different ground conditions tomorrow.

Milkwood really catches my eye as he is now on a near identical mark to the one where he finished third in this race before. Trainer Neil Mullholland seems to think he has this horse in top form.

The issue seems to be the soft ground. Milkwood has never really raced on it. Looking at his pedigree he is by Dylan Thomas who was a good to firm horse on the flat, but the dam Tropical Lake was a grade two winner for Michael Hourigan on soft ground at Aintree in the mid 1990's, so I just wonder will Milkwood be able to handle softer ground better than expected.

Here's hoping..

I also cannot believe the price of Sounds Russian in the Gold Cup. He has some form on soft or heavy going albeit at a lower level. I think he got done for toe against Ahoy Senor at the finish the last day when he tryed to make all so the jockey might be wise to ride him with a bit more restraint tomorrow and then hopefully he can finish his race off well.
    Updated 16th March 2023 at 10:15 PM by Marb
    Pleased to see Bold Endeavour left both in the Coral Cup and Martin Pipe, (which is what I was wanting to see), so looks like there's a good chance he will revert to hurdles next week. I'll be backing him in either of those races...he is rated 5lb lower over hurdles.

Looking at the latest confirmation stages and what's been taken out, am liking your thinking on Petit Tonnerre in The County Hurdle, Outsider!
    Updated 11th March 2023 at 2:22 PM by Marb
    Ah thanks mate appreciate your comments. Yeah Call Me Lyreen is left in the County Hurdle where it could out run the odds and Santonito is still in the Martin Pipe. It's such a competative race though so just a sporting bet from me each way if they run him there.
    Updated 10th March 2023 at 8:43 AM by Marb
    Santonito not in it Marb,
    Good write up Marb and certainly some food for thought.
    Monbeg,no ordinary joe and call me lyreen are all on my radar.
    And I'm going to have to have a look at the Elliot one in the pertemps has he trains my Nap of the week in that.
    Edited
    Updated 14th March 2021 at 12:44 PM by Marb
    Best of luck mate. I'm sure a few will follow you on Midnight Shadow. He looks to have a very good chance.
    Some decent ones there mate.
    For what it's worth my ew nap is MIDNIGHT SHADOW 20/1 for the plate on thursday.
    Thanks a lot Paul.

Hopefully see you at Cheltenham in 2021.

I really want to make a second visit.
    Many happy returns Martin, and good luck with the bets today.
    Lovely. Wins @ 16/1.
    Updated 6th October 2019 at 4:40 PM by Marb
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo
    88th would get in to the Coral Cup quite regularly.
    I was only going on what Kevin Blake said in his blog.4 out of the last 5 runnings 137 didnt make it.
    88th would get in to the Coral Cup quite regularly.
    I'm not sure soloman will get in the coral cup.88th in lost so they will have to win the imperial cup to get in.
    Isnt there a bonus for winning the imperial and any race at Cheltenham.
    It's funny they havent entered it for the m.pipe.
    I'm sure skeleton knows what hes doing,doesnt he?
    Yeah Outsider, but I wouldn't want to see him declared for The Imperial Cup over 2M though. My preferred place to go, before a tilt at Cheltenham, is Taunton on Thursday.
    Updated 24th February 2019 at 6:31 PM by Marb
    I must say I'm getting interested now in soloman grey.
    For it to be it's only entry is the coral cup is interesting.
    Thanks.
    Well spotted Marbs, hope a few took note.