View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. Cheltenham

Arkle - JPR One is still progressing and he knows this track. He can be forgiven for slipping on landing when in front a few months ago here. It was Shishkiness-like in terms of unluckiness. I think JPR One will go the gallop they go here for a long while. Whether he's tough enough at the end remains to be seen. But he has a good chance and I'll take him in the Arkle.

Ultima - I haven't made my mind up yet, but I am paying more attention to novices in the handicaps this year. My logic ...

Updated 9th March 2024 at 1:59 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. What are you backing Today? Part 2

Edited.

Updated 30th September 2023 at 4:01 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. A horse to follow for 2023

The six year old Irish mare Insinuendo really impressed me last season. I actually think she is getting better as she gets older. Insinuendo was sent off 80/1 for last seasons Champion Filly and Mares stakes on Champions Day at Ascot.

She was a major eyecatcher then, when finding herself parked out the back in joint last position, until 3 furlongs out when she started to make up ground.

She then was struggling to find a gap until about a furlong from the finish, when ...

Updated 16th May 2023 at 9:45 AM by Marb

Tags: insinuendo Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. A few horses I like for Cheltenham 2023

Hello everybody. I notice I haven't blogged a post for a while so with the festival to end all festivals coming up I thought I would share my thoughts.

I reckon the championship races provide plenty of interest. Shishkin I wouldn't oppose. Constitution Hill should win the Champion Hurdle. Energemene has something to prove after his last run and I do fancy Gentleman De Mee to run a big race. He gets better throughout the season so he can go close at fair odds. In the main event, I ...

Updated 14th March 2023 at 12:55 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Eclipse day 2022 racing at Sandown and Haydock preview

There's cut in the ground at Haydock and it could stay that way for Saturday.

Sandown

1.50 - This looks an open Group 3 and various cases could be made for several horses. The one I have just sided with on the basis of the possible improvement trajectory is Nymphadora.

She won early on as a two year old in a listed race but didn't really do a great deal on the track since then. She's had just the two starts this season.

The improvement from her ...

Updated 1st July 2022 at 10:18 PM by Marb

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 22 12345611 ... LastLast