What are you backing Today? Part 2

My lucky 15 EW at Punchestown today

1430 Fountain House
1505 Billy Lee Swagger
1540 Mystical Powers
1615 Brentford Hope.

Good luck all who are having a punt today
Notable speach dragged my arse out of the fire yesterday and this is my wee dabble for today.

Newmarket ew lucky 15.

1350 Friendly Soul

1500 HMS President

1340 Cinderellas Dream

1415 Ballet Show

Good luck all

Another quiet day but if it ends up as profitable as yesterday I won't complain...

2.25 - I don’t like these races but the top two are far enough clear for me to think it’s between them. Caernarfon is the younger and arguably the more reliable so she gets the vote for a small win bet. (The other one Stay Alert.)

3.00 - Struth looks a solid enough each-way percentage call given his profile. Adjuvant is worth a small ew saver.

3.40 Fallen Angel already has the best form and should improve a fair bit for stepping up in trip before heading for the Musidora. She should win this.

With DO on Struth. Hopefully we won't be saying god's struth after the race.

I know all about Adjuvant from last season. I had 100 each way on him the first four places in Northumberland Plate, when he was just beaten back in fifth. Sick as a parrot I was. For the most part It's all been downhill since for me aswell!

He's some ability but he's just so keen in his races. Moving your head about for a mile, well it stands to reason that you are losing ground and momentum doing that. Can an old dog learn new tricks? Let's see today. I feel Adjuvants a horse I want to back at 16s or 20s when there is no expectation on him to run well. Just a hunch though.

Desert Orchid

2.25 - I don’t like these races but the top two are far enough clear for me to think it’s between them. Caernarfon is the younger and arguably the more reliable so she gets the vote for a small win bet. (The other one Stay Alert.)

Don't you just hate it when that happens? (However, not as much as last & 2nd last)

"With DO on Struth. Hopefully we won't be saying god's struth after the race.

I know all about Adjuvant from last season. I had 100 each way on him the first four places in Northumberland Plate, when he was just beaten back in fifth. Sick as a parrot I was. For the most part It's all been downhill since for me aswell!

He's some ability but he's just so keen in his races. Moving your head about for a mile, well it stands to reason that you are losing ground and momentum doing that. Can an old dog learn new tricks? Let's see today. I feel Adjuvants a horse I want to back at 16s or 20s when there is no expectation on him to run well. Just a hunch though"

Adjuvant's comment today.

Took keen hold, held up in rear, switched to centre after 4f, brief headway 3f out, edged right and weakened from under 2f out, 4th of 7 in group.

Some things never change eh.

I'd backed Stay Alert a couple of times last year based on her Pretty Polly form. Never really gave me a run for my money and I had a 'd?' next to my figure for her. I was gobsmacked at how strongly she travelled and finished today. Looks like she's taken a big step forward this season but will she turn up next time?

Back