Wednesday 8th May 2024

yorick

Apprentice
I fancy a couple today:

Princess Shabnam Chester 4.45 10/1 Ew

My notes for this girl read:
(Class 2) 6f G/f Ascot 5:00 24 Jun 2023 Wokingham Stakes
This was a good run, with nice headway made towards the end which seems to have gone unnoticed in race analysis.

Chester 01/0723 (Class 3) (0-95, 3yo+) (6f17yds) 6f Good OR 94
Went 2nd late on and it could be that a 7thf needed. The breeding might well indicate that

You'll notice that her rating has dropped 7Lbs since that Chester run and 9Lbs since the Wokingham. They did, finally, put her up to 7f last time out but that was her first race after a long break and she's put in some good runs over this course. Ideally, I'd like to see her bounce out and make all. On a session is one that I fear but PS's trainer Woods is two winners from the last five runners so the stable looks to be in good nick. I might do a little R/Fcst the two.

Salamanca City - 8.00 Kempton 4/1 Ew
I've noted this filly in maidens and fancy her to put in a bold show in her first handicap

It's Beautifully sunny here in what is my favourite month, easily. It's all about promise: the promise of birth, burgeoning, growth, freshness, the future.

Time to get out there.

Good luck 🌹🌻🌼🌞

And that's five of us who are seriously jacked off that we've backed a complete non-trier. Was allowed to amble out of the stalls as leisurely as you like. Alright, a little keen but the jockey just didn't look like the orders were to get the horse up for the fight.

On a session ran like an absolute drain.

Sometimes, you know......I could .....

Anyone else agree?

Sh!t happens!! Let's watch Vintage Icon and then go plant something to take the pain away :)
Unluckily for you, your fellah gets impede halfway through the race by a horse swerving in front of him jumping a hurdle then, whatever chance he did have went when he was absolutely smashed into later in the race. My choice ran ok for 2nd

And that's five of us who are seriously jacked off that we've backed a complete non-trier. Was allowed to amble out of the stalls as leisurely as you like. Alright, a little keen but the jockey just didn't look like the orders were to get the horse up for the fight.

Anyone else agree?

Anyone else agree?
Took a pull from an iffy draw, then the steady early pace did for him, Imo,of course.

I was a bit wary today because there is another race meeting at Chester at the end of the month when there is another race it runs in and is worth a lot more.
The same can be said about Boardman on Friday,or later in the month.

Yeah. Forgetting he's dropped down the ratings.

Got another one in Salamanca City who was running for another day. Ho-Hum

Last edited:
Looking at that 5.10 again, it's not totally obvious (to me, anyway) that Vintage Icon was fully done with when getting knocked sideways. There may be another chance in another class 5 at a biggish price.

Andy Irvine's other runner Den the Diva got me out of trouble on the day via the 3 place BF market, after looking like she still might even win it at the last. That's blown the mid-100s BF prices, though. At least for a while.

Eighty-Two Team ran out of his skin, looking like he might win it 2 out. Maybe 3 miles is his limit, but another one where we're unlikely to see BF 50's for a while. Didn't go for the place, and that old dog River Tyne had taken my cash so many times I couldn't bring myself to try again today. And today was the day, don't you just love 'em :) Very pleased the FC didn't come in, that would have been painful in the extreme!

Back