Saturday 20th April 2024

yorick

Apprentice
Previous message to Outsider:

Do you remember Step back making all and destroying the Whitbread field in 2018. Trained by Mark Bradstock and owned by Cracker And Smodge Partnership?

Well, they have a horse called Mr Vango, trained by Sara Bradstock. This one has a similar profile to Step back, in that they both had impressive wins (both made the running)that brought them up to exactly the same mark - 135 going into the Sandown race.

25/1 for the Whitbread, for which, I'm sure, you've already earmarked Kitty's.

If Mr Vango runs in the Whitbread he must be an ew, I think. The similarities of connections, the same mark and even the same amount of chases competed in is uncanny. Mark Bradstock died this year and it would be a fitting tribute. I think he was a protégé of father-in-law Lord Oaksey, who love the Whitbread especially. Mr Vango is now trained by Mark's wife Sarah so what a trbute it would be.

So, no Whitbread but the Scottish Grand National.

I think this race has always favoured horses up with the pace. I remember backing Little Polvier making all in the soft under Peter Scudamore at 12/1.

The ideal scenario would be to make every post a winning one.

Ew 16/1

Other bets:

Hurlerontheditch 2.50 Bangor

Donny Boy Ayr 1.50

Mr Vango 3.35 Ayr

3xEw singles
Ew Trixie

Pembroke Ayr 13.15
Terwada Newbury 3.15
Stay Away Fay 3.35 Ayr
Ew Patent

Mr Incredible 3.35 Ayr. Ew
After much cosseting at the post before last week’s National, this fellow still started slowly and things didn’t look good but the jockey was patient and, come halfway he was midfield and travelling ok. Then he has misfortune to be cannoned into by a faller, causing the jockey to exit out of the side door. Frustrating. God only knows what will occur today but he’s got the talent to win. He wouldn’t want to be too far off the pace, mind.
Stay Away Fay is a class act and I think he’ll stay, too. Lightly campaigned so far, it looks like this has been the focal project. Were he to win, he’d be defying some daunting stats. Still, I had him marked down as not far off top class earlier in the season. He likes to be up with the pace, which is a good place to be in this race.

Good luck

Last edited:
Back