Punchestown Festival 2024

Looking forward to watching State Man. If he wins it will be 12/13 but sadly he probably still won't get the rating he deserves.

Hurricane Fly at the same stage of his career was 12/14 but was given a 173 and had also won a Champion Hurdle

Hurricane Fly did improve some later and ended up on 175 but at this stage State Man imo deserves to be a 173

wish him luck today

You can't help but warm to State Man, the way he just is, he's so uncomplicated, just gets on with the job and does it well.

Thought Ballyburn took a bit of revving up to get home but lengthened away, but didn't look like a 1/5 shot on the run in.

State Man is so reliable and straightforward.

Ballyburn, on the other hand, was headstrong today and fought his jockey. That said, he was too good for his opposition.

I thought Irish Point ran out of his skin yesterday and drew another top class effort out of State Man.

They both left Colonel Mustard who was beaten 11 lengths at Cheltenham 20 lengths in their wake this time.

Now that they have the Champion Hurdle out of their system Irish Point could be a great bet at 12/1 ante post for the stayers

Here goes got a couple of notebook horses running today.looking to have a good day today.
3.05. Ontheropes I'm on at 20,s been backed last night and this morning now 10,s also credo same race at 12,s.
4.15 DIGBY 10,s.
5.25 RISK BELLE at 18/1.

Well the F/C & Place came in yesterday, better than a 1/5 shot.
Today I like the look of Western Walk in the 17.20, again out of Walk in the Park & was entered in the Grade 1 Irish Mirror Novice Hurdle last week connections decided here and top current jock M.O' Sullivan has 2 out of 3 strike rate on this. 20/1 e/w seems to big.
Ill also follow my cliff horse Beacon Edge in the same race, keep hoping the 10yo can still bag one.

Last edited:
Back