Interesting Ones

barjon

Conditional
Couple of interesting ones out today.

Brentford Hope - didn’t live up all the hype on the flat, but pretty decent over the jumps. Harry Derham says “ I have no doubt at all he is good enough to run very well in this competitive contest.”, but what’s he doing running over a left-handed, galloping track when he’s said to be suited to right-handed, sharp ones?

Willmount - Very highly regarded bumper winner who moved stables during the summer (Neil Mulholland to Nicky Henderson). Too short today, but a must watch.

Emitom - having good winning first run after joining Alan King, his season was brought to an abrupt halt with a “hock problem”. If he’s over it, he should go well today.

Histrionic - impressive Irish point winner then sold for €450,000 and with Paul Nicholls. Debut bumper today and probably won’t be put under too much pressure. Will he be as good as his cost suggests - 6/4 atm and I had a little bit at 9/4 last night just to keep me focussed on his run.

Florencethemachine - ran very well at Chepstow last time, but got very tired at the end in the rotten ground. Should be better ground today at Ludlow unless there’s a downpour.

Brentford Hope won as easy as you like. I’ll keep with him for a bit.
Willmount won even easier and looks hot property.
Florencethemachine ran well, just dropped to marginal second when made a ricket of the second last, no chance after and eased to third.
Emitom ran very well in second (9/1) with rest well back. Seems absolutely ok.
Histrionic developed into a scrap at the end and you would have expected him to just move away. Didn’t and wasn’t knocked about trying. Reserve judgement here.

Back