Guineas

Tamfana a bit unlucky?

Rather! If there’s one to take out of the race it’s got to be her and she was the only single digit draw in the first six. Couldn’t find a clear run and was eventually switched right over to the near side a couple out and finished like a train fastest of all.

I've had another look at the race with a hypothetical bet on Tamfana to see if I felt robbed and I can see why it can be considered unlucky but I suspect the sectionals will still point to Rematuelle as the best filly in the race as she was up with the pace, which was probably on the fast side, and probably kicked half a furlong too soon, otherwise she'd have won by a length or two.

It also looks like Elmalka was the only runner to break 36s for the final three furlongs.

(Which none of yesterday's field managed.)

Screenshot (88).png

Last edited:
Tamfana a bit unlucky?

Tamfana, half-a-length behind Ramatuelle when prepping in France, did well to finish this close considering the trouble she met and she probably would have won with a clear run. She'll reportedly step up in trip for the French Oaks (1m2.5f; also in the Oaks at Epsom, for which she's into 8-1) and she isn't in at Royal Ascot, but she's not short on gears.RP

“would have won” might be a tad optimistic, but certainly a lot closer.

Back