Dan Skelton and Paul Nicholls primed for two-week title showdown with Willie Mullins

Racing Post with yet another fantastic article today

Harry Cobden v Sean Bowen: who holds sway in the race to be champion jockey?​

Harry is 1/20 you bozos...........Geezus who pays these clowns

Wasn’t it him who got in the ridiculous state with Martin pipe a few years back where they were both running horses who should have been put away weeks before because they were so desperate to win it?
Martin Pipe retired 18 years ago. How is that possible and where did all those years go,exept in the pub?

And Harry seals the title with a winner in the first at Chepstow.

The whole Pipe thing with flinging horses at races to win the Championship at all costs, echoes what the Pointing “Powers that Be” (as we are so rudely called....) are trying to avoid. We have meetings at the end of the season on courses that cannot be watered. Sure one course is on old moorland turf and we do get rain at all times but I’ve seen more horses break down there than anywhere and the final course Umberleigh is often rock hard! So therefore is it ethical to let trainers run horses on these courses “sh*t or bust” just to win the championship (tight at the top at the moment) or supply jockeys with horses to run their horses? It’s a very contentious issue but ultimately horse welfare SHOULD be a priority wherever they run. And if those courses could provide rock hard ground, then they should not be the season finales. We have taken them out counting towards the seasons tallies and it has made us unpopular. Horses running on good, safe ground is fine in my book and there are horses who need this ground, but I don’t want to see Championships decided on it personally.

Back