Back Betting!

barjon

Conditional
Madeira was great this year - wall to wall sunshine for three weeks, which was very welcome because both of us are finding walking hard going at the moment. No betting was a bind and my good intentions of doing a lot f research came to naught mainly due to sunny laziness, but also because it was irritating seeing trackers run well.

Anyway had a bet yesterday - lost :).

I’m going to keep a close eye on first handicap, down in class, up in distance runners since there were some good touches last season. Not a system man, but I’ll tr to keep track of them. Might start a thread for it?

There is a near qualifier - handicap debut, down 2 in class - in 2:10 Salisbury Musical Tribute who is 6/1 atm from 9/1 overnight. Without the essential “up in distance” though, so just for interest.

Otherwise I was interested in Greek Order 3:15 Salisbury, but odds-on too skinny for me.

Interested to watch Coverdale 3:25 Redcar who might have something about him, but not much market interest atm - 11/2 from 9/2 overnight. No bet unless money comes.

Musical Tribute made a decent enough run into 3rd, but nothing to write home about. Can be competitive off this rating.

Greek Order was disappointing in 3rd. Came through smoothly after Ryan asked him two out and looked all over a winner. Couldn’t get past the first two, though, despite trying. Good job odds-on put me off.

Coverdale won nicely coming from last to first in the last couple of furlongs. Drifted out to 17/2 in the end. Should have had the courage of my convictions I guess, but I don’t back drifters. Pretty easy win.

Last edited:
Back