Aftertiming thread

The stewards questioned the performance of ROBUSTO (IRE), which started favourite and finished last of seven runners, was considered. The representative of Eve Johnson-Houghton could offer no explanation for the gelding’s performance, on this occasion. The Veterinary Officer examined ROBUSTO (IRE) during routine testing and had nothing to report. Joke

I actually thought I'd mentioned it this morning but now I remember I got a short-notice call from the dentist to take up a cancellation and it must have distracted me, but I took 13/2 Banbridge this morning.

I just haven’t got the time to study the races properly but I did make an effort to read the write ups on the horses in the two bumpers today and got second and third in the first one and the winner of the last (I do admit to backing more than those three though). I do find the write ups interesting because they explain what the horses relatives had achieved. The WHill info was much better than that on oddschecker.

Put Mystical Power/Banbridge double on a SkyBet betting slip and then got distracted by a work phone call and forgot to accept the f****** price change 🤬🤬

I’m really fed up with BOG going. I’ve thought I’d put a bet on only to find I hadn’t accepted the new price. Or, because I like backing horses at the last minute when the price comes in every time I think I’ve backed it the accept new price thing pops up…and then the race starts. When that happens now I put a quick in running bet on the horse I wanted to back.

I'll often back a horse that is winking at me, regardless of form or price.

So I took 90 about outbox a couple of minutes before the race.

Now I'm dancing naked round the living room with my pants on my head.
I backed a horse at Bangor once cos it winked at me walking round the parade ring.sadly it finished 4th.

As I said elsewhere yesterday:

One of my old man's favourite sayings was, "Better to be lucky than good."

Well today I got lucky.

Just browsing the RTV site I came across an item on RacingIQ. I've heard it mentioned now and again on the coverage but never really had time to get into it although I've wanted to ever since reading about the Kublers last season and reading Simon Rowlands's items on stride data.

Yesterday, Page Fuller's piece on the Guineas pointed to the 2000G winner and today she highlighted Elmalka's credentials so seeing the price it was I decided to have a small ew bet on the Varian filly since I'm also a big fan of the trainer.

Lucky on so many levels as it turned out - Rematuelle did look like the best filly in the race after all - but happy to take the break since they can so often go against you.

I wonder if followers of the RacingIQ site did the double!

It was another Guineas winner that had only been given entries in mile races ( although there were 5 others with that credential).

I almost had a few quid on de sousa in the guineas just because I am a fan...40 on the machine fiver would have been nice but when I looked at her form she had gone off at double figures on Betfair in a 6 horse race I thought she must be useless....felt so stupid for a lousy 5 quid my bottle went

The article DO is referring to:

This could be a useful thread if people post reasoning for their late picks. My observation would be that the FSP% analysis in the article is pretty shallow (needs to be measured against pars for the track/trip as well as the overall race time; straight mile at G1 level is very different to lower grade AW with tight bends).

Back