Page 432 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 332382422427428429430431432433434435436437442482532932 ... LastLast
Results 8,621 to 8,640 of 21797

Thread: What are you backing Today?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moviebuff View Post
    why give reasons for not betting the other runners and not give a reason for your selection?
    Why come on a forum when you've got nothing constructive to say?

Brainless, classless idiot. If, as I'm sure you have, you've been following this thread, you will have noted that Chris has put up some first-class, well-reasoned, winning selections. Where are yours?

Run along back to Betfair, there's a good boy.

Thanks
    K 5.30 Bint Alzain looks worth a small punt at 30 ish.

Low mark bacck at fav track and drops to a suitable trip.
    Slaughtered.

Kem 6.00 Speechday @ 20.0

I'm hoping the market is over reacting to this being the 2nd string. The losing stable jock is at the track, so a possitive Atzeni is on board and trainer got a Kodiak winner yesterday.

Another small bet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moviebuff View Post
    why give reasons for not betting the other runners and not give a reason for your selection?
    Go Far could well improve a little on LTO run as that was after a lay off. However, strictly on the figures it wouldn't really need to. 7F looks more it's trip and claimer taking 5 off as well.

Which part of the above didn't you understand?
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

CPGagie
    Just ignore him, he's a troll, nothing more. Look at his recent posts, easy to see. Now on my ignore list, it's that easy.

Thanks
    Repetition is worthy of some respect with yard in form.
    I'm guessing Lingfield was riding on the fast side when he ran lto on first run for new trainer. Even so, 46.0 looks a big price to me.

Backed it with savers on Lucky Di and Go Far.

Good luck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CPGagie View Post
    Just ignore him, he's a troll, nothing more. Look at his recent posts, easy to see. Now on my ignore list, it's that easy.
    Chris is spot on. Just ignore such people. They feed on reaction, so don`t react.

Thanks
    WHAT A GOOD NIGHT 2.55 UTTOXETER

What A Good Night won as he pleased two runs back in a 0-95 at Stratford and the handicapper reacted by hiking him 16lbs. If you took Ryan Hatch’s claim into consideration he was running off a 23lbs higher mark last time when he fell in the race won by King Massini. He probably would have won that race and the fact that King Massini has since won a 0-125 off 7lbs higher and a 0-130 off 13lbs higher suggests What A Good Night is well in here off 107. Ryan Hatch is back on taking 7lbs off so he looks very well handicapped. Nigel Twiston Davies is 15-90 in handicap chases at Uttoxeter which improves to 11-27 when in the first two of the betting. It improves again to 10-21 when in the top five of the weights. 3-4 with those that didn’t finish last time.

Black Is Beautiful should come on for his debut run over fences when beaten 23ls by Herdsman. Twiston Davies saddled the second Tullyraine who was 20ls ahead of Black Is Beautiful so he should have a line on him. Lee won his first handicap chase here for six years at the last meeting and won this seven years ago. However, Black Is Beautiful is yet to open his account but he is 8lbs lower than last time.

Dark Glacier was beaten 3.5ls in a 0-110 last time pulling 6ls clear of a previous winner. He is 2-4 on soft ground but hasn’t won over any further than 22f. He should stay. Peter Bowen won this two years ago with Run To Fly. Dark Glacier was quite useful in his youth for Chris Grant but temperament has got the better of him but if he puts it in he should go well.

Bennys Well is 0-6 in class 4 with just one place and off a mark 8lbs higher than his last win he might find this tough. His chases wins were in races with an average OR of 83 and 89 and this is 97 today.

Plum Pudding ( Non Runner) is 4lbs lower than his last win two years ago. However, his two best recent runs were two seconds off a mark of 99 and that’s probably about where he’s at now. There are a few that like to lead here and he will have company up front but he does have conditions to suit. Three of his four wins have come on stiff tracks so this place may well not suit, beaten 87ls on his only run here.

Rocky Bender is still maiden and has to give weight away all round on his third chase start. His best form is on heavy ground. Liam Treadwell is 6-19 for Venetia here.

KIlcascan won over this course and distance off 90 a year ago but is 0-6 in class 4. He can turn the tables on Bennys Well from their meeting in October but that’s the best he can hope for.

Bishophill Jack has shown ability but he has his own ideas about the game and more often than not he throws in the towel. He is 1-15 in class 4 chases compared to 3-3 in class 5. His win in class 4 came in the stewards room.

Noble Witness won at Towcester May off 107 and that was his first win off a mark higher than 99, 1-21. Three of his four wins have come on right handed tracks and he is 0-4 here. Charlie Pogson is 2-24 in handicap chases here.

Bally Sands won a 0-125 off 102 in March and the closest he has got since is 20ls. He could run well off 103 but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Notabotheroneme is 14lbs wrong.

Conclusion: Though this is over 24f there may well be a bit of pace on with Dark Glacier, Bennys Well, Plum Pudding(non runner) and Noble Witness all liking to lead. It could well be attritional. However, if What A Good Night had stood up at Ludlow he wouldn’t be racing in this race today, he probably has a stone in hand at present and the 5yo can pick this exposed lot off with ease.

I think Ive covered them all

Thanks
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 875 Posts
    Iptisam (4.50) has his first try over 6f, but showed bundles of pace when winning around the sharp Epsom track over 1f further. First-time cheekpieces suggest he won't be hanging about today, and has only the Fahey horse to beat - in my estimation.

Thanks
    Im giving Vector Force 1 more chane at Dundalk. I think he ran into an exceptional 1 d last day. Should take this contest cosy. Odds against is a surprise to me.

Thanks
    Dundalk 6.15 Lean and Keen win - Victor's Beach e/way & r/f/c
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

Banned
    Thanks

If you owned Monzino you know its going to only win every 4 months or so..owt above a 63 mark means you can't let it win..otherwise it might be 12 months

ran a cracker last time and is due to go up 5lb..to a mark of 67..off 62 tonight..only makes sense to win with it..in fact if i owned it and it didn't win i'd be taking it out the stable tomorrow morning

Banned
    Thanks
    well trained..could only be one outcome without looking totally inept

Thanks
    All over rummaging.
    "Sometimes a horse is so far behind in a race, it actually thinks its leading...." Junior Soprano

Thanks
    Only won by 5 lths, without another entry.

Should still change trainer as it's not got an entry on Xmas Eve.

Well done EC.

Thanks
    Great shout, EC !

Thanks
    Good lad EC. I've had a shocking few days but this has brought a bit of festive cheer.

Thanks
    Brilliant once agin EC1. Wish I had looked in last night.

Thanks
    CONSIGLIERE 1.50 ASCOT (Each Way)

Consigliere could surprise here. He is back to a mark of 139, 1lb higher than his win at Ayr in January and back in the class where he has an exceptional record. He is 4-5 in class 3 chases. He is 5-8 on soft ground. That improves to 3-3 when combined. Six of his seven wins have come when in the top two of the weights, 6-18, but that improves to 4-5 when in class 3.
    Last edited by MLMRob; 21st December 2013 at 10:57 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MLMRob View Post
    CONSIGLIERE 1.50 ASCOT (Each Way)

Consigliere could surprise here. He is back to a mark of 139, 1lb higher than his win at Ayr in January and back in the class where he has an exceptional record. He is 4-5 in class 3 chases. He is 5-8 on soft ground. That improves to 3-3 when combined. Six of his seven wins have come when in the top two of the weights, 6-18, but that improves to 4-5 when in class 3.
    Hmm, I've backed Grey Gold in that race but those stats are pretty compelling. I've backed Consigliere in two of his three runs this season as I know he is handicapped to win a race. The only other reservation I might have (related to your stats) is that it looks like a Class 3 in name only. It has all the potential of a Class 2 but the fact Consigliere is at the top of the weights might suggest otherwise. I reckon some sickness insurance is in order.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    FESTIVE FELON 1.05 NAVAN

Festive Felon ran in what looked an ordinary bumper when he was last seen. However, time has shown his fifth behind The Tullow Tank to be smart form. That horse won the Grade 1 Royal Bond the other day. The third was Timesremembered who won the Grade 2 Persian War hurdle and was second the Grade 2 Hyde Hurdle. The second and fourth have since won races.
    Don Poli is sure to be a warm favourite but Festive Felon warrants support at his price.