Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anti Post Punting plans/propositions thread. (Non-Cheltenham Festival)

Thanks
    If you haven't already the Fontainebleau is worth a watch from yesterday. Olmedo got beat and when he joined the winner on his inside he looked like he was going to zoom past but was likely undone by the ground. I think on decent ground this season he is going to be a monster. I've taken 9/2 about him for the Poulains in the hope that the ground is better in mid May (unfortunately the race will be back at Longchamp which mean it'll be a draw race again.)
    Last edited by Euronymous; 16th April 2018 at 6:18 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Euronymous For This Useful Post:

Marble (Today)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

To remove these adverts please either login or join if you are not a member.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    A thread for whatever we want to sketch down on this cyber canvas, for the odd horse that we want to back for a race, (flat or jumps). Also a thread for horses we would like to see targeted at a specific race.

I'm sure this will throw a few good/bad ideas/bets up, (predominately from me!).

I've put some brain power into considering suitable options for Ultima Chase second, Shantou Flyer, post Cheltenham Festival.

He put in a lifetime best that day, when giving weight to the handicap blot of the day, Coo Star Sivola.

Shantou Flyer's entered in The Grand National, but as some of us mentioned before, the possibility of a faller in front of you or bad luck in running puts me off somewhat. I think if trainer and connections really wanted to stand a live chance of winning a good race they should avoid the National.

Given the way Shantou Flyer was staying on in The Ultima, I'd like to see connections wait until The Bet 365 Gold Cup at Sandown at the end of April over 3m5F. Maybe ground conditions will play a part in where they go with this one, (perhaps soft-to-heavy is his favored going, although he may act on better ground; he just hasn't had that many opportunities to race on that this season).

He's really got better with the new headgear and new trainer Richard Hobson getting to know him well. I emailed him to say they should be looking at The Bet 365 Gold Cup so am pleased to see him in the entries.

There's loads of time to get involved anti-post, (a couple firms have gone 20/1 early doors which is fine). I'm in no great rush. He could run in The National yet. A lot can happen between now and the end of the month.
    Only a week for this to materialise (here's hoping!).

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Sometimes 2 year old's can be brilliant one day but next time round they fail to shine without any real explenation.

Expert Eye looked simply awesome at Goodwood but then he looked near useless in the Dewhurst.

Messing about like a 2 year old would've describe him well before the start..then pulled like train and collapsed in a heap.

But there can be no doubt he is still a very high class animal.

This is not the first time this has happened to a SMS Guineas horse and they have bounced back.

King's Best also finished stone last in the Dewhurst but he bounced back as a 3yo and went on to win the Guineas

I would imagine Expert Eye go for the Craven and then the Guineas which is a ploy SMS has used in the past

I just can't see him being anything like 11/1 come Guineas day
    He needed that run I think mate. I'm not sure about The Guineas but I wouldn't lay him for The Derby!

Workforce the second....
    Last edited by Marble; Today at 3:21 PM.

Thanks
    Amazing all this time and Expert Eye has learned nothing.......when they pulled like that in the old days we used to pint them straight at a brick wall and play chicken with them.......they soon learned to settle )

I doubt if SMS gcan now go Guineas with any confidence if at all :0(

You could be right Martin but I am no more than hopeful for either now
    Last edited by Tanlic; Today at 3:22 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

Marble (Today)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Amazing all this time and Expert Eye has learned nothing.......when they pulled like that in the old days we used to pint them straight at a brick wall and play chicken with them.......they soon learned to settle )

I doubt if SMS gcan now go Guineas with any confidence if at all :0(

You could be right Martin but I am no more than hopeful for either now
    Have to step him up in trip now, surely?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I could be wrong. May end up in The Commonwealth Cup for all I know.
    Last edited by Marble; Today at 3:28 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Shantou Flyer a NR according to Racing Post. No surprise to see five or six firms still quoting him!
    Last edited by Marble; Today at 4:45 PM.