Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairyhouse Weekend

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts

Fairyhouse Weekend

Post Festival slump over now and good racing Sun and Monday ahead

Fairyhouse Sun.JPG

Fairyhouse Monday.JPG
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Deffo. Proper bet for a change in Dubai, this meeting and the Tour of Flanders. Game ******* on again.

I think I'm gonna be backing Al Boum Photo again for the novice. He was running a fine race in the RSA before coming and although
    his completion % is off putting the price makes up for it (2 pts longer than The Storyteller who was way behind him in the Flogas)

Thanks
    It's a horrid looking race Euro

I like Jetz in the novice hurdle
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Prices for that aren't up yet.

Re the Ryanair, I sort of made a pledge to try and avoid Mullins chasers after so many fell the other week but can't resist ABP. Shattered Love looks too short and needs taking on.

Thanks
    Am hoping Jetz will be overlooked

Fancy a decent bet on him

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    I think I'm gonna be backing Al Boum Photo again for the novice. He was running a fine race in the RSA before coming and although
    his completion % is off putting the price makes up for it (2 pts longer than The Storyteller who was way behind him in the Flogas)
    The horse has a smashing attitude and a lot of ability. His jumping leaves an awful lot to be desired.

I couldn't be backing him until he shows actual improvement.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    Prices for that aren't up yet.

Re the Ryanair, I sort of made a pledge to try and avoid Mullins chasers after so many fell the other week but can't resist ABP. Shattered Love looks too short and needs taking on.
    Nice tipping

8. The Following User Says Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:

Euronymous (1st April 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Boy that Bumper today was one competitive looking race; anyone of six or seven could have won a furlong out only for Nina to strike late and fast.
    Nice double for Noel Meade in Cork bumper after though the Mullins horse may be soft; they left the rest well behind all the same.

Thanks
    Sizing Potsie will be better with a better jock on his back

Thanks
    He's been a bit (a lot) of a cliff horse for me this year but Kylemore Lough is a big price in the Grade 2.

He was dismissed by UDS in the Clarence House but 2m is too short a trip for him and he was better than the bare result that day as Brain Power's fall impeded him. He'll be more competitve over 2m4 and although he was beaten off 151 in a handicap lto over that trip he was sent for home way too early that day in Warwick.

He's a course and distance winner and of his opponents you have to question UDS's stamina over this trip and we saw yesterday some horses who ran well at Cheltenham didn't run to form. Coney Island I love but this is an ask on deep ground after what happened at Ascot. Also, I'd consider this bet on KL on levels, and he gets 8 juicy pounds off the front two. 10/1 is just too big.

Thanks
    Agree the 10/1 looks too big. UDS a doubtful stayer over this trip so has to be taken on at current odds and Kylemore Lough could be the one. Shame only 2 places now Champagne West has come out but I’ve had a go at 11/1 (boosted by Lads)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Doctor Phoenix the one for me in the 2m4f G2 chase.

I’m no longer prepared to give KL the benefit of the doubt. When looked at in the cold light of day, his form is no better than smart, and he’s been living off his reputation in his last few outings. I take the view that he has ultimately been disappointing, and that reasons for further optimism as regards his potential, are thin on the ground. I can’t have him - he’s a Time For Rupert clone.

I agree that stamina and age concerns are not going away for UDS in a hurry, and for all his admirable qualities, he does now have a look of vulnerability. Any way I look at it, his form this season - his Tingle Creek win notwithstanding - has not been at his previous level, and it’s reasonable to argue that he may even be slightly regressive.

Of course, UDS does start at a very-high level, and is likely still well-able to be competitive, but I do think he is vulnerable to a younger, more progressive animal these days.

Doctor Phoenix might not have any age advantage, but he has clearly improved for the move to Gordon Elliott, and whilst the jockey may have been criticised at Naas last time, he still showed decent form in his run behind Great Field. He has certainly run close to his official mark of 156, and the 5lbs he recieves today, brings him within 3lbs of UDS on handicap terms.

DP obviously stayed-on very strongly at Naas, and it’s not unreasonable to assume that he might improve again, stepped-up to this intermediate trip for the first time, in Elliot’s care.

13/2 is a fair price to be testing the theory.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 2nd April 2018 at 12:12 PM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Coney Island for me

He is brittle and hard to be over confident but I think Cheltenham will have left a mark on the fav and 4's is fair enough for me

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Coney Island a bigger price just to run his race, imo. He can’t be trusted, and if I was going to chance him, I’d rather do it at 16/1 off top-weight in a Thyestes. Price today is exceedingly-thin.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Only just seen this thread. I've followed Grassy on Doctor Phoenix for my sporting Yankee, and i'm happy to see Rogue Angel being backed in the 5:45, who I think has a live chance.
    Last edited by Marb; 2nd April 2018 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks
    I was tempted by Doc Phoenix but eventually decided asking him to step up 1/2 mile just 10 days after his run against Great Field may be asking too much

Thanks
    Unlucky there Grass and Marble. KL very disappointing again

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I honestly think Willie should avoid running UDS over longer trips and stick to 2m in the mud...finding the right races is easier said than done I suppose.

I backed him but laid him just past halfway as I kept thinking how he stopped so quickly at the festival and to be fair he looked like going down there to Dr Pheonix
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Unlucky grass. I only put it in a lucky 63 for fun. Rogue Angel is the important one for me today as I backed it in a single.

Thanks
    sickening fall. glad the horse got up.