Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Aintree 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tout Seul View Post
    There has been some discussion about the quality of the current crop of novices. Santini yesterday and Black Op today gave a good indication that they will be top rank chasers next year. Last evening I looked up the prices for next year’s RSA thinking I might anticipate a Black Op win today and get an edge. The list includes Samcro,Santini,Next Destination and SuperSundae as well as On the Blind Side who clearly underperformed today. What a mouthwatering prospect!
    I wasn’t hugely sold on Black Op previously, but his was probably the performance that most made me sit-up-and-take-notice, of the entire meeting.

I think he could develop into a seriously good chaser next season......though I confess I also wish he was in slightly more capable hands, than those of Tom George.

I have some respect for TG’s talents as a trainer, but I think he is one of those that can perhaps only take them so far. I can’t really figure-out why this is the case, but he’s had some very promising young horses through his hands over the years, but he has never really had one that’s consistently punched its weight in the very-best company.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 15th April 2018 at 5:32 PM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Has WPM said if Melon goes chasing next year or not?
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    I'd heard him say he's staying over hurdles.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post

Hurdles initially but who knows.

Laurina may send him chasing. Best avenue for him too.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    I wasn’t hugely sold on Black Op previously, but his was probably the performance that most made me sit-up-and-take-notice, of the entire meeting.

I think he could develop into a seriously good chaser next season......though I confess I also wish he was in slightly more capable hands, than those of Tom George.

I have some respect for TG’s talents as a trainer, but I think he is one of those that can perhaps only take them so far. I can’t really figure-out why this is the case, but he’s had some very promising young horses through his hands over the years, but he has never really had one that’s consistently punched its weight in the very-best company.
    Share your thoughts on TG. A bit like the golf pro at the course, knows his **** but also knows his glass ceiling
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Lalor up 16lbs

Ohh.........rreaaalllly