Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Lincoln

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 885 Posts
    Wouldn't worry too much about Lord Glitter's fitness. He was bought to replace the same connections' Mondialiste, who was produced to finish a nk 2nd in the 015 Lincoln, on his first run for the stable - after a 9 month absence.
    As it stands, LG is top on RPRs, top on t/s, acts on the ground, is the choice of Danny Tudhope, and has strong straight mile form in one of the most valuable handicaps ever run over the distance.
    Ladbrokes 8/1 will do nicely for me, though I will also have a rfc, in case Ryan Moore does produce a rabbit out of the hat.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reet hard View Post
    As it stands, LG is top on RPRs, top on t/s, acts on the ground,
    The figures I have from the card published on Thursday have LG 3lbs off the top RPR (Donncha) and 7lbs off the top on TopSpeed (Grey Britain) so they must have adjusted them since then.

In his stable tour, O'Meara said he wasn't sure he wanted to ask LG to carry top weight in heavy ground. He also said he wasn't sure Bravery would be ready in time for the Spring Mile (so he wasn't expecting to make the cut for this).

I have no idea if he tells the truth in these stable tours...
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    I wouldn't normally be worried about Lord Glitters' fitness but you have to consider the form of the trainer too. O'Meara hasn't had a winner on the AW this calendar year, from 72 runners. With only 26 of those reaching the places.

Admittedly he's not known for his AW exploits but that has to be a worrying stat.

I'll have a saver on him in case the advent of the turf season springs the yard into life but I like the Haggas horse with a slight concern as to why Moore was seemingly so quick to jump ship to Fire Brigade.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

Danny (23rd March 2018)

Thanks
    Your figures are probably correct,DO, just the way they are formatted on the website.
    There won't be any heavy ground tomorrow, it was 6.0 on the going stick yesterday, and looks unlikely to get softer.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to reet hard For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (23rd March 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Can I ask Marble if this is an info punt ? It has to be doesn't it ? I can't see anything that makes him look well handicapped.
    Sorry just seen this, Danny. Is not an info punt, no.

I looked at the race last Sunday. I cast my eye over the form. I thought Fire Brigade did everything right last season as a 3 year old. He was always on the premises at the business end of his races. To my naked eye he looked the horse that would most likely/probably end this season on a higher rating than what he starts off the season, (98), compared to everything else in his race, which is why he gets the vote.

There's every chance the first three in the betting will face off again more than once this season. It wouldn't surprise me, (in the slightest) to see them running against each other later this season off level weights in group races. For this reason, I do believe, (in theory at least), that Fire Brigade has a clear advantage on Lord Glitters because he is in receipt of nine pounds. My feeling is that Lord Glitters will have to be a Queen Anne horse, or a horse that could place in a race like the Queen Anne, to win this off 9:10.

The Haggas horse could be good too, but I prefer Fire Brigade who has had more racing experience. This is no bad thing in a race like this, because you want something that's well handicapped (which I reckon Fire Brigade is), but also had enough racing experience to deal with whatever the race throws at him. This is where Fire Brigade may have a slight advantage over the Haggas Horse, who is a bit too lightly raced or my liking.
    Last edited by Marb; 23rd March 2018 at 5:32 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Marb For This Useful Post:

Danny (23rd March 2018)

Thanks
    Fair enough Marble.

Just had a quick look through the Spring Mile and one that sticks out a bit is Sir Roderic at around 14/1. Rubbish season last year and been dropped massively in the handicap as a result. Has won when fresh and straight mile on soft ground seems to be ideal. Has had a wind op since he last ran, if that was the problem last term he's incredibly well handicapped if that has sorted him out, might be worth a chance on the nut as you'd think he hacks up or runs like a sack of cack.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Interesting you mention Sir Roderic. He's on my radar as well.

Thanks
    Sir Roderic and Taqdeer were the two that jumped out for me in the Spring Mile.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to simmo For This Useful Post:

Marb (23rd March 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Joint bottom weight wins the spring mile...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    50/1..let that be a warning to all and we haven't yet got the 2year olds to worry about........show me a 2 year old fav and I will show you a lay
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,354 Times in 806 Posts
    Blog Entries
    That man Haggas does it again.
    Good job he does not train jumpers , or Elliott would be a yesterday man.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    I always like it when something I alight on is trained by Haggas.

Old Gabrial gives the form a look of added solidity.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Great stuff from Mick Shannon who landed a typical Brocklesby gamble and of course the fav @3/1 was Lamgholm nearer last than first
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by edgt View Post
    That man Haggas does it again.
    Good job he does not train jumpers , or Elliott would be a yesterday man.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    The reverse combo forecast on the front three doesn't seem a bad bet to potentially maximise returns
    The one thing I got right! Excellent performance from the winner.

Thanks
    In all fairness Marb the race developed on the wrong side for your boy but Hopefully the fc saved the day for you. I added LG and Addyeb for a combi tc so for about the umpteenth time I've done the 1-2-4 since my return and I'm yet to land a bugger.

God bless Jamie Spencer ( I don't think he was actually did anything wrong this time but I just love blaming him haha).

Done my dough on Donncha, Bravery was a NR and Garial picked up some place money to save my blushes. Can't have too many complaints with the result and Addyebb looks very smart.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I always like it when something I alight on is trained by Haggas.

Old Gabrial gives the form a look of added solidity.
    Thought Original Choice looked like a good thing for him as well today, was very disappointing though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    50/1..let that be a warning to all and we haven't yet got the 2year olds to worry about........show me a 2 year old fav and I will show you a lay
    Would you have layed the fav if the gamble on izzer had resulted in him going off a point shorter at 3/1 instead of 4/1 and therefore making him joint fav?

Thanks
    The first three home all look as if they might well win a Group race this year especially the front two. Very good quality Lincoln.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardross View Post
    The first three home all look as if they might well win a Group race this year especially the front two. Very good quality Lincoln.
    As I suggested on Gigiglo's thread (or thought I had); though they'll probably all need dig in the ground, the first 2 in the Lincoln, and the Doncaster Mile winner, should all prove up to pattern class.
    Last edited by reet hard; 27th March 2018 at 9:14 AM.