Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horses that impressed you Cheltenham 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Blow by Blow by far the best portent of the future this week. Santini will some day be favourite for the Gold Cup. Samcro will win the Eurovision if he gets an entry.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    Blow by Blow by far the best portent of the future.
    The handicapper will have to put him up, over a stone to reflect a true mark...Anything less and he's still well in!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    He'll be one to go chasing now.

Also one that I had written off
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Stormy Island. If she settles will be top of the female tree and beating the boys as well.
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Paloma Blue - I didn't think he ran as keen as was suggested but got a shade outpaced and keeping on at the line in the Supreme. Lovely novice chase prospect - tailor made for the JLT perhaps? Lovely prospect wherever he goes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Dream Berry impressed me but would have impressed me more had he been off a yard.

His home work had been excellent but for some reason they decided he couldn't win (long lay off in the ground I imagine) and was ridden accordingly

Only problem is young Jonjo seemed to forget the Stewards were working that day so now everyone and there uncle will be waiting for it's next run.

JP btw had only 2 winners from 45 entries but with Buveur D'Air taking the CH nad Le Prezien pulling off a bit of a gamble in the last he probably came out well on top.

Hard not to be impressed by Le Prezien who I once said JP had paid way too much for.may yet prove me wrong........He's paid back less than 50% so far so still along way to go.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PlaceBacker View Post
    Though falling and would not have won, thought Total Recall was just creeping into the race when departing 3 out.

Probably not a Gold Cup winner in waiting, but almost certainly will win a Grade 1 chase
    Well he is favourite for Saturdays National at 11-1, and I think he is the horse to beat as his Ladbrokes [Hennessy] winning form is the best in the field
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

Thanks
    Did not take to the fences but he is quickly turned out again today at Punchestown [5.30]

Like the jockey booking of Noel Fehily, and I see is also put up by Pricewise at double figures and currently best odds of 9-1
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PlaceBacker For This Useful Post:

edgt (25th April 2018)