Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imperial Cup Sandown

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts

Imperial Cup Sandown

Entries

Is there still a bonus for winning this and a race at the Festival ?

Attachment 1685

Thanks

Thanks
    Matchbook sponsored now and they have doubled it £100k. Can only be a good thing

http://sandown.thejockeyclub.co.uk/p...onus-to-100000

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perpetual For This Useful Post:

Diamond Geezer (21st February 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    I trawled the weights this evening.

Nothing really stands out for the race itself so certainly not for the bonus as a penalty in a handicap will be nigh impossible to overcome and nothing else is rated high enough for non-handicaps for which they might be eligible.

Unless there's a total long-term plot lurking...
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Would you not give Friday night light a chance again Des?

Personally I've backed Master of Irony as I'm lead to believe he will actually line up this time.

Might have a real big outsider for the long shot thread as well Des if Sandown doesn't get much more rain.

Re-master of Irony Des he might not standout on your figures but worth watching the replays. He's on a win to get in basis for the County also.
    Last edited by Danny; 7th March 2018 at 2:24 AM.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    I backed FNL last time out and he was trying for his life, only to be beaten on the day by a better horse. He went up for not winning and now contests a stronger race.

It will take a braver than me to back him.

I agree about MOI. He looks a possible long-term plot and certainly caught my eye last time but he's only one of several such runners.

I do have one in mind for the race but I'm waiting to see if it's declared, which jockey is engaged and what price it is before committing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Danny (7th March 2018)

Thanks
    DC
    heres what Tom thought the last time FNL ran,

3.00 Ascot – Friday Night Light

Friday Night Light has shown a good level of form and was just touched off last time by a very solid horse of Jeremy Scott’s called Unison.

He should be suited to Ascot and he would be my best ride of the day.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I backed FNL last time out and he was trying for his life, only to be beaten on the day by a better horse. He went up for not winning and now contests a stronger race.

It will take a braver than me to back him.

I agree about MOI. He looks a possible long-term plot and certainly caught my eye last time but he's only one of several such runners.

I do have one in mind for the race but I'm waiting to see if it's declared, which jockey is engaged and what price it is before committing.
    I take your points DO but I'd just consider that he narrowly got beat by Le Patriote and that was over 2m3f. They were well clear of the rest so the rise may well be fair for both. Friday night's previous performance where he was beaten 2L by Unison over 2 miles was franked when Unison went and won again 4 lengths clear of the useful Caid du lin. Raced off 135 against FNL, now rated 146. Le patriote's previous performance over 2 miles on heavy ground he was well beaten Our Merlin in front of him and Our Merlin was well behind Unison last time. I think if Sandown gets plenty of rain he'd at least be value to turn the tables with the more fancied Le patriote ( who I was actually on last time) . I haven't checked the prices today but he was 14's, 12's in places yesterday he'll certainly go off a lot shorter given the Pipe's History with this event.

Thanks
    There shouldn't be too much between FNL and Le Patriote if they both run their race but last time out was their short-term target, I reckon. I'll be gobsmacked if either is up to winning this unless they've improved another 7lbs in a short space of time.

I think Pipe has another in the race too.

Edit - I was mixing up Dell Arca with Dell Oro.
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 7th March 2018 at 5:28 PM.

Thanks
    Absolutely Des I have no doubts they are both trying to ensure their place in either the County of the Boys race. I think they are two nice types though. Just hope they are not quite as nice as MOI on the day.
    Last edited by Danny; 7th March 2018 at 6:09 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    John Quinn having not only trained the winner of the Swinton but also won the race as a young jockey.

So he knows exactly what it takes to win these tough handicaps and has booked RJ for

Has a great racing weight and ran better in the Gerry Fielding than the result would have you thinking

Master of Irony
    Formely Fist of Fury

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

Outsider (9th March 2018)

Thanks
    Tom very bullish about FNL

2.25 Sandown – Friday Night Light

Friday Night Light has the visor on for the first time which I think will help him. He’s tailormade for this race. I’m very confident that he can win this.

The two miles will suit, as will the stiff uphill finish. He’s improved with every run and yes he’s got to improve again. He’s got a 3lb pull with Le Patriote from last time.

That was a very good run and I can see conditions at Sandown suiting my horse even better than they did at Ascot. We’ve now got to go and do it.

I won the Imperial Cup on Baltimore Rock in 2014 which is a while ago now so I’d like to do it again.

Thanks
    Agree completely lucky me and I'm on him and Master of Irony against the field could do with a funds boost for next weeks assault !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Number 17 on the card, Man O Plenty. Improved a notch or two this season when second to Limited Reserve, fifth behind Hunters Call and fourth behind Jenkins. He's one of these relatively lowly rated horses in the 120/130 bracket who can actually run well with the ability to place in big hurdles like this. I reckon he'll give his amateur jockey a nice ride round, also a good each way price at 50/1 to finish in the first four or five, (depending on the place terms of whoever your betting with). Best of the rank outsiders for sure.
    Last edited by Marb; 10th March 2018 at 4:01 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    John Quinn having not only trained the winner of the Swinton but also won the race as a young jockey.

So he knows exactly what it takes to win these tough handicaps and has booked RJ for

Has a great racing weight and ran better in the Gerry Fielding than the result would have you thinking

Master of Irony
    It's happened again. I agree with Tanlic.

Worked out well last time!

Thanks
    Marb; I've been backing Man of Plenty all season; would love tomorrow to be 'his day'! He's a real 'trier'.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to moehat For This Useful Post:

Marb (10th March 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by moehat View Post
    Marb; I've been backing Man of Plenty all season; would love tomorrow to be 'his day'! He's a real 'trier'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Number 17 on the card, Man O Plenty. Improved a notch or two this season when second to Limited Reserve, fifth behind Hunters Call and fourth behind Jenkins. He's one of these relatively lowly rated horses in the 120/130 bracket who can actually run well with the ability to place in big hurdles like this. I reckon he'll give his amateur jockey a nice ride round, also a good each way price at 40/1 to finish in the first or five, (depending on the place terms of whoever your betting with). Best of the rank outsiders for sure.
    He's game as a pebble that one and I'm sure he'll give you a decent run for your money.

A horse that I had down on my shortlist for the Coral Cup/ MP conditionals runs instead in the National Hunt Novices hurdle tomorrow in the shape of Melrose Boy 10/1 generally. Ran a game old race at the course over a longer trip in testing conditions and didn't quite get home, so dropping back in trip tomorrow should help him continue his improvement back here in novice company. The winner of that race Top of the Game I get the feeling Nicholls thinks will be one of his better chasing prospects next year so Melrose may well have been up against it that day anyway. I think as long as he's got over that race as it did look like a right old slog then he's a solid enough e/w bet.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Marb (10th March 2018), moehat (10th March 2018)

Thanks
    Just added a combi tricast for the Imperial

Master of Irony
    Friday Night light
    Huntsman close
    Gassin Golf

It pains me to leave out Man of Plenty Marb as he's one I'm fond of but I didn't want more than 4 so I've had to narrow it down a bit.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Danny For This Useful Post:

Marb (10th March 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I know what you mean, Danny.

He could look like placing today two furlongs out, only finish 7th or 8th, which sometimes happens with horses like him.

He needs a career best, but as I hinted in my first post, I reckon he's improved this season, so I can't discount the idea he'll improve today again.

Good each way value. He's shortened into 33's, was 50's with Powers last night.
    Last edited by Marb; 10th March 2018 at 1:08 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Good each way value. He's shortened into 33's, was 50's with Powers last night.
    25's and getting shorter...