Thread: Things I need to learn from..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts

Things I need to learn from..

A thread for quick reminders on things we can improve, learn from and adapt if needed

My 2 top of the head thoughts are below

1. Thinking that just because a horse is top class at a smaller trip, they will automatically step up with ease

Somewhat expensive lesson for me over the years. Flemenstar and Yorkhill spring to mind. I also thought Min could step up with ease but very much doubt that one now. Superstar horses like Kauto and Supasundae could do it with ease but we might never see another Kauto

2. Lessons in Value with Double Handful

Spoke with Shane on Sunday (well he done most of the speaking, i'm more of a listener). Dounikous was the horse in question - my thoughts were he belonged in Crufts, DH was adamant he was a great bet. I refused to listen going solely on my eye and confidence in my ability to spot a good horse. Dounikous ran very well at 25's. Post race DH enjoying the cidre and ribs explained to me his thinking that at worst Dounikous would have finished 2l behind Alboum Photo at Limerick, yet there was 17 points between them in the betting. Granted the bet wasn't landed and I did back the winner but it made me reflect on a few things
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    [QUOTE=granger;695041]A thread for quick reminders on things we can improve, learn from and adapt if needed

My 2 top of the head thoughts are below

. Superstar horses like Kauto and Supasundae could do it with ease but we might never see another Kauto

Ha ha I hope you are not making the same mistake with Supasundae. He has tried twice at 3 miles on less testing tracks and both times came up short. Surely the Aintree hurdle is his race for the taking.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 738 Posts
    Please god, i'm not

It's a small bit in the air that he will truly stay
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Sounds like Shane has got his head screwed on, I also enjoy cidre and ribs.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    That could be debatable Danny... Always looking for value, but it doesn't always work out! Followed you and DO in on Irish Roe for the Betfair. Got some 16's so watching closely for the price to tumble during the week.

After the ribs were devoured, it was described as being "like a scene from Jurassic Park"

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Yeah the fact the price is holding up for so long is making me a little suspicious tbh but she holds a fair chance of being in the mix if turning up. Fingers crossed she gets the job done as it seems a fair few of us are on board now and for me personally it would be a much needed boost and a decent spring board to dive into the festival from.

Someone hinted your rib eating antics were only comparable to Fred Flinstone.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.