Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Doncaster Skybet Chase

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The Young Master scratched earlier. Pilgrims Bay is a horse I like and want to see in the Kim Muir! Long House Hall is respected but ground will surely be too soft. The one I'm coming round to is Jonjo's Mustmeetalady. I did this last time and she battled well. On a mark of 134, this looks totally unexposed and potentially well handicapped. It'll act on most ground too I reckon. The current price looks generous. I did advise a couple people via private message to take much bigger prices (25/1) about ten days ago on Long House Hall, so I'd be pleased for them if he won, but I held off then because the ground is unlikely to be good.
    Last edited by Marb; 25th January 2018 at 4:59 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No surprise Nicky has sent L'ami Harchibald to Doncaster he'd be giving half of these about 20 lbs over hurdles

Surely if he jumps he wins.

If Sceau Royal runs half as well as he did last time he looks a moral certainty which makes me wonder what Daryl Jacob is thinking of.

Bristol De Mai looks to have an easy one at Cheltenham but there's no such thing round there and he's about as reliable as a 15 shilling note
    Hard to oppose but when the Last Samurai hits form he usually string a few good runs together so I imagine if Bristol De Mai wants a fight he'll get one and I'd rather back the former EW if he goies.

As for the Cleeve it's a competitive looking race but where on earth are the Stayer Hurdle brigade?
    Not one of the first 15 in the betting are having a go.....How strange considering horses like Reve De Sivola Thistlecrack and Big Bucks thought it was worth winning.

It would make the day for a lot of people if Beer Goggle were to win it..so fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Tanlic; 25th January 2018 at 5:49 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    No surprise Nicky has sent L'ami Harchibald to Doncaster he'd be giving half of these about 20 lbs over hurdles

Surely if he jumps he wins.

If Sceau Royal runs half as well as he did last time he looks a moral certainty which makes me wonder what Daryl Jacob is thinking of.

Bristol De Mai looks to have an easy one at Cheltenham but there's no such thing round there and he's about as reliable as a 15 shilling note
    Hard to oppose but when the Last Samurai hits form he usually string a few good runs together so I imagine if Bristol De Mai wants a fight he'll get one and I'd rather back the former EW if he goies.

As for the Cleeve it's a competitive looking race but where on earth are the Stayer Hurdle brigade?
    Not one of the first 15 in the betting are having a go.....How strange considering horses like Reve De Sivola Thistlecrack and Big Bucks thought it was worth winning.

It would make the day for a lot of people if Beer Goggle were to win it..so fingers crossed.

Superb ballsy opinion regarding the race L'ami Serge would run in -shame you had to wait until final declarations were made.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Cunny Funt..On my kids lives I never knew the final decs were out.

Some of us don't read shyte in the media
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Are the final decs out for the Cheltenham handicap he's entered in ? Show ain't over until the fat lady sings !
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Are the final decs out for the Cheltenham handicap he's entered in ? Show ain't over until the fat lady sings !
    Think your clutching at straws Danny, they announced the booking of Davy Russell yesterday.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...i-serge/141950

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    We'll know soon enough. The decs should be out in an hour or so.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As things stand, Russell's only other confirmed ride at Donny is It's O Kay for Olly Murphy in the Mares Bumper.

He isn't jocked-up on anything at Fairyhouse, and will presumably pick-up further spares at the English meeting.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    Think your clutching at straws Danny, they announced the booking of Davy Russell yesterday.

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...i-serge/141950
    Ah, not exactly clutching a straws as it matters not to me either way where he runs. I think it was more just an attack of Henderson Mob paranoia in the middle of the night

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I hear Davy Russell will ride L'ami Serge but keep it to yourselves
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    The ground is looking pretty chewed up on Town Moor - I'd be amazed if Lami has the resolution to win this

Thanks
    Fantastic race, a blanket covering the first 4.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Excellent return from absense for Long House Hall, especially as the ground will have been to soft for him.
    Last edited by Marb; 27th January 2018 at 4:36 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    He's also got winning form going right handed, so I wonder if Long House Hall would be the type for the Betbright chase at Kempton next month? With better ground he'd have a massive chance. I wonder when the entries come out...
    Last edited by Marb; 27th January 2018 at 4:51 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    You couldn't fault him for effort there..or was it the wrath of Russell lol
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Orchid View Post
    I'm going to keep my powder dry for the time being as the weather looks uncertain. I was all over LHH like a rash for the Massey-Ferguson but he was self-certificated on the morning. He had, though, been withdrawn twice before due to 'unsuitable [soft] ground' and on his only try at the trip over hurdles appeared not to get home. I still like the horse but I don't want to throw away ante-post money should it rain a lot.
    I think that's about the only thing I've got right this weekend.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Just think that was a really strange move by connections to run LHH in this. I'd included him in a small multiple I think for is it the Byrne Plate at the festival ? I can never remember the names of these damn races but I think he'd have a fair shout in that judged by todays effort.

And Des at least you got one thing right, I've had an utter nightmare today.
    Last edited by Danny; 27th January 2018 at 6:19 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double J View Post
    Fantastic race, a blanket covering the first 4.
    Superb race, reminded me of Tidal Bay's Lexus
    Certainly couldn't crab Lami's resolution today anyway.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    This looks a competitive handicap chase at this moment in time. I've been keeping an eye on Long House Hall the past few days and Harry Skelton is marked down on The Racing Post as riding him, but it seems he doesn't want too much cut in the ground, so I think anyone backing him needs to wait at least until final declarations baring in mind the ground is soft now.
    Entries for the Kempton Betbright Chase should be out on Monday. I'd love to see Long House Hall in there. With good ground he'd be a cracking bet.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Entries for the Kempton Betbright Chase should be out on Monday. I'd love to see Long House Hall in there. With good ground he'd be a cracking bet.
    I'm sure I saw his name in the National entries. He jumped beautifully the last day.