Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: John Durkan & Hilly Way Chase Cards

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    I still haven't gotten over him not running in the Ryanair.
    If he had of run in the RSA and won as opposed to chasing Douvan, Sizing John would be revered like Denman
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thinking about it Djakadam ran very respectably making the running and he battled on nicely when Sizing John passed him -could be a banker over Christmas.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I laid the horse Katy Walsh was riding in the last Dumhach Thra at 3.4 for afair bit of money and tbh was getting worried when it kept shortening in the market.

Guys if you never watched it have a look on ATR and tell me have you ever seen a horse with an action as weird.....Looked like The Dickler on drugs.......how anyone could back that if they had seen it on the gallops beats me............The bookies must have been taking the p!ss
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Thinking about it Djakadam ran very respectably making the running and he battled on nicely when Sizing John passed him -could be a banker over Christmas.
    Can't think of where he could go that would be that easy Luke. If he goes Lexus the opposition is sure to be pretty tough and the same if he wait for Cheltenham in January plus he's only won once in 2 years..hardly a banker for any race
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Nice to see Sizing do that given the tough end to last season.
    Satisfactory at best from Djak.
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    If he had of run in the RSA and won as opposed to chasing Douvan, Sizing John would be revered like Denman
    He's a way off before bringing Denman in to it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well there's an insult to Denman and to Douvan all in one go.

Sizing John was unbeaten at 2 miles except when he was up against Douvan. He is just doing what he has always done only he has no Douvan to worry about until March when he may have real challengers in MB or Yorkhill who are different gravy to anything he has faced

If we are being honest he's beat Djakadam and Minella Rocco who would have been tailed off in Denman's Gold Cup and is rated fully a stone behind the great horse
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post

If we are being honest he's beat Djakadam and Minella Rocco who would have been tailed off in Denman's Gold Cup and is rated fully a stone behind the great horse

Well he he has won 3 versions of the Gold Cup now and is only 7 so must have done something right.

it really is a bit simple to suggest he is doing everything the same bar not racing Douvan these days.
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Also won a Grade 1 hurdle at 4 ( lucky Nichols Canyon unseated admittedly) but has run at Grade 1 level as novice hurdler, chaser and now as a seasoned campaigner. Has enough toe to win a Ryanair and stamina to win a Gold Cup, this is a seriously good horse with ability beyond his current rating.

Thanks
    Can't think of where he could go that would be that easy Luke. If he goes Lexus the opposition is sure to be pretty tough and the same if he wait for Cheltenham in January plus he's only won once in 2 years..hardly a banker for any race

I'm thinking Lexus -can't see Sizing John going there and if Willie is boxing clever with Yorkhill it might not be the race for him-I think 6/1 is value.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by edgt View Post
    this is a seriously good horse with ability beyond his current rating.
    Hopefully that will get put to the test. Was a poor Gold Cup this year and he was a tad fortunate to win the Punchestown Gold Cup.
    Can't knock him but tougher dates ahead me hopes.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankel View Post
    Hopefully that will get put to the test. Was a poor Gold Cup this year and he was a tad fortunate to win the Punchestown Gold Cup.
    Can't knock him but tougher dates ahead me hopes.

End of of a long season. Says a lot about him that he won it given the Feb to April he had

looks like he has broken the mound of gold cup bottoming winners over his minimal desired trip these days

Thanks
    Can think of 19 renewals in past 20 years way better than last season's GC, the only one worse was Lord Windermere's. That happened mainly because past winners were either retired or injured/missing and a below-par version of Djak than the one placed twice the previous years. You only need an above-average novice to come through the ranks to win it this season and it seems Might Bite already showed the chops for being at least that.

As for Sizing John winning a Ryanair, if UDS is sent for another willy hilly in Ireland and Fox Norton runs in the CC and Yorkhill runs in the GC and Top Notch goes for the CC and Min gets injured again and if another 3-4 decent ones won't give their running, then I can see a way to get SJ win in the Ryanair.

Thanks
    End of of a long season. Says a lot about him that he won it given the Feb to April he had

looks like he has broken the mound of gold cup bottoming winners over his minimal desired trip these days
    Yep can't knock his constitution. Performance wise he just has not blown me away.

Thanks
    Tough judge you

Would dread being your personal chef

Thanks
    Forget the caviar and all hell breaks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aughex View Post
    Can think of 19 renewals in past 20 years way better than last season's GC, the only one worse was Lord Windermere's. That happened mainly because past winners were either retired or injured/missing and a below-par version of Djak than the one placed twice the previous years. You only need an above-average novice to come through the ranks to win it this season and it seems Might Bite already showed the chops for being at least that.

As for Sizing John winning a Ryanair, if UDS is sent for another willy hilly in Ireland and Fox Norton runs in the CC and Yorkhill runs in the GC and Top Notch goes for the CC and Min gets injured again and if another 3-4 decent ones won't give their running, then I can see a way to get SJ win in the Ryanair.
    I dont think he was seriously proposing that Sizing John runs in this year's Ryanair...

With all due respect, Sizing John unbeaten over 3m+ and if you think Lord Windermere's Gold Cup was poor, not sure what you make of Syncronised who couldn't win a Midlands or Irish National but managed to scrape past giant bolster. much improved horse of course but you can pick holes in plenty of gold cups....sizing john's credentials are enhanced by fact he was a very high class 2m and 2m4 horse who stepped up to the big plate and delivered. all class. best mate didn't beat much in his gold cups either but doesnt take away from quality of the horse

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    The UDS/SJ double at 3/1 with Coral proved too tempting for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice 1 V sometime the obvious is so obvious you miss it
    Formely Fist of Fury

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tanlic For This Useful Post:

viking (11th December 2017)

Thanks
    Hindsight but not aftertiming. Kids party yesterday so only saw the results late one.

Un de Sceaux was 4/6 against Ballyoisin. 4/6. How did ye let this happen?

Thanks
    Nice 1 V sometime the obvious is so obvious you miss it
    Cheers. Obviously 3/1 not so good given the respective SPs and Corals refusing to pay BOG as this was a special (straight double paid just over 5/2 when I placed the bet). Basterts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk