Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: John Durkan & Hilly Way Chase Cards

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Phillips View Post
    I appreciate that I would definitely be described as a “tree-hugger” by many “racing people” but there is no way I would let my horse run in such attritional ground. And I certainly do not enjoy watching horses wobble their way to the winning-post on their last legs.

I’m also not convinced that horses are less likely to injure themselves on very soft/heavy ground.
    IF the horse handles that ground then 100% its safer than firmer ground. But its a big IF that they handle the ground and have the stamina to jump safely.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Digger For This Useful Post:

archie (12th December 2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Heavy going, slower pace, softer falls, gentler jockey, earlier pulling up.

I would far sooner allow a good chaser go in this than a cavalry charge at Gailleamh on hard summer ground.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    The ground at Cork was so bottomless they weren't leaving a print in it, only ripples. Nobody likes conditions as extreme as this but most of the good horses were coping ok with it.

Thanks
    If you ask 10 trainers about the same horse, 5 will run 5 won't. It shouldn't be left to the trainers or owners, the racecourse should be responsible for having a racing surface not a `swamp`, is this organized racing or are we 200 years ago.