Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 48

Thread: TH Ante Post Competition 2017 / 2018 DECEMBER SELECTIONS

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,688
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 203 Times in 133 Posts
    I saw the price on my iPad Paul so oddschecker for mobile only shows best price unless you delve further. If Coral's price was incorrect I'm happy to take what the best price was at the time, which from your post was 12/1.

    Roger, can you take the price selected as 12/1 please. Thanks.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Maruco For This Useful Post:

    Diamond Geezer (5th December 2017)

  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

    To remove these adverts please either login or join if you are not a member.


     

  4. #22
    Senior Member Grasshopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,317
    Thanks
    677
    Thanked 477 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    It's DG's gig - he should be the one to police things.

    There's a rule which allows him to adjust/reject, where a price is clearly out-of-line.
    Spouting shite on here since 2006.

  5. #23
    Senior Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Brussels
    Posts
    8,298
    Thanks
    262
    Thanked 291 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    It's DG's gig - he should be the one to police things.

    There's a rule which allows him to adjust/reject, where a price is clearly out-of-line.
    Thanks everyone.

    NewApproach, DG and myself will be having a look.

  6. #24
    Super Moderator Diamond Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    9,890
    Thanks
    939
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 794 Posts
    Can I just point out that we (we being NewApproach, Grey and myself,) are looking into the matter, members will note neither of us has "thanked" the bets so by definition they have not been accepted as yet. As you can imagine reading and sending PM's is not easily done during a working day. The final decision regarding any dispute , as per the rules, is the responsibility of Grey and New Approach, I just do most of the admin to help the others out as I have more spare time than them, that said I have enough to do keeping up with the TTF and running other competitions as well. Once the outcome is decided one of us will post the final decision.

  7. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,838
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 127 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Can I just point out that we (we being NewApproach, Grey and myself,) are looking into the matter, members will note neither of us has "thanked" the bets so by definition they have not been accepted as yet. As you can imagine reading and sending PM's is not easily done during a working day. The final decision regarding any dispute , as per the rules, is the responsibility of Grey and New Approach, I just do most of the admin to help the others out as I have more spare time than them, that said I have enough to do keeping up with the TTF and running other competitions as well. Once the outcome is decided one of us will post the final decision.
    Just put me down for whatever you want guys. I just checked the price on Oddschecker like I've done every time I've put up a punt.

  8. #26
    Senior Member Maxbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    697
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
    I'm sorry to cause this dispute, but very happy with the reaction to fellow Talking horse members in accepting there is a problem.
    The real art in this comp; is predicting the moves before the horses race, and would like the applaud Grassy.
    ďOne great use of thought is to share it, because sometimes, it can make you think you don't know what to think"

  9. #27
    Senior Member Grasshopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,317
    Thanks
    677
    Thanked 477 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks, Max. Will probably still do my bollocks.

    PS. Think you did a good job IDing chisellers like Maruco and Digger. Those dodgy fu*ckers need watching, and Art, New Approach and DG can't be expected to have eyes in the backs of their heads.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 4th December 2017 at 11:16 PM.
    Spouting shite on here since 2006.

  10. #28
    Senior Member fonz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    carlisle
    Posts
    2,310
    Thanks
    323
    Thanked 77 Times in 68 Posts
    Penhill £500 win Stayers hurdle 16/1 Betstars

    Apples Jade £500 win Champion Hurdle 25/1 Paddy Power

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to fonz For This Useful Post:

    Grey (5th December 2017)

  12. #29
    Super Moderator Diamond Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    9,890
    Thanks
    939
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 794 Posts
    Final Verdict

    Oddschecker Coral history for Espoir D' Allen (Triumph) and Mengli Khan (Supreme), Total Recall and Whisper (Gold Cup) and Buveur D'Air (Champion Hurdle) shows that the same pattern alleged by Maxbet is apparent. No change of prices was flagged for any of those horses until the following morning.

    However on November 25th the price of Bristol De Mai was dropped by Coral from 25/1 to 10/1 on the same day as he won the Betfair Cup. The same goes for Apples Shakira and Gumball (Triumph), so there is some evidence to suggest Maxbet is right about the weekend just gone but maybe not about Coral in general. Nonetheless to avoid possible conflicts in future, as of today Corals is withdrawn from the list of "allowed" bookmakers for the purposes of this competition.

    Whilst we make it absolutely clear that we don't believe anyone was deliberately trying it on we will restrict Maruco who bet on Presenting Percy post race on Sunday to 12/1,which he has already kindly indicated he will accept and Singing Detective has sent me a PM asking me to withdraw his bet. Likewise Digger has indicated he is happy to accept the odds of 16/1 about Whisper and I trust swedish chef will feel the same, however he has right to withdraw his wager in this instance. I will edit their bets to reflect this.
    Last edited by Diamond Geezer; 5th December 2017 at 2:37 PM.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

    Grey (5th December 2017), NewApproach (5th December 2017)

  14. #30
    Senior Member swedish chef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,157
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 219 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Final Verdict

    Oddschecker Coral history for Espoir D' Allen (Triumph) and Mengli Khan (Supreme), Total Recall and Whisper (Gold Cup) and Buveur D'Air (Champion Hurdle) shows that the same pattern alleged by Maxbet is apparent. No change of prices was flagged for any of those horses until the following morning.

    However on November 25th the price of Bristol De Mai was dropped by Coral from 25/1 to 10/1 on the same day as he won the Betfair Cup. The same goes for Apples Shakira and Gumball (Triumph), so there is some evidence to suggest Maxbet is right about the weekend just gone but maybe not about Coral in general. Nonetheless to avoid possible conflicts in future, as of today Corals is withdrawn from the list of "allowed" bookmakers for the purposes of this competition.

    Whilst we make it absolutely clear that we don't believe anyone was deliberately trying it on we will restrict Maruco who bet on Presenting Percy post race on Sunday to 12/1,which he has already kindly indicated he will accept and Singing Detective has sent me a PM asking me to withdraw his bet. Likewise Digger has indicated he is happy to accept the odds of 16/1 about Whisper. I will edit their bets to reflect this.
    I imagine my Whisper bet is 16/1 as well Roger as I put it up after the race on Saturday.
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to swedish chef For This Useful Post:

    Diamond Geezer (5th December 2017)

  16. #31
    Super Moderator Diamond Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    9,890
    Thanks
    939
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 794 Posts
    Thank you chef, but you have the option to withdraw it in this instance if you prefer.
    Last edited by Diamond Geezer; 5th December 2017 at 2:28 PM.

  17. #32
    Senior Member swedish chef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4,157
    Thanks
    180
    Thanked 219 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    Thank you chef, but you have the option to withdraw it in this instance if you prefer.
    Thats ok I'll take the 16's
    Pluralism of Ideas and the prosperity of any land are intertwined. Freedom of minds and skill of intellect to 'think the unthinkable' is how humanity has progressed; when minds are incarcerated nothing endures.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to swedish chef For This Useful Post:

    Diamond Geezer (5th December 2017)

  19. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    21
    Thanked 39 Times in 35 Posts
    Reel Steel- 125 e/w - Supreme - 20/1 - 365

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Double J For This Useful Post:

    Diamond Geezer (5th December 2017)

  21. #34
    Super Moderator Diamond Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    9,890
    Thanks
    939
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 794 Posts
    £500 each way Modus Arkle Chase 25/1 Megabet Stan James originally,
    Last edited by Diamond Geezer; 5th December 2017 at 7:38 PM. Reason: Put Champion Chase in error, not even in betting in that

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

    NewApproach (5th December 2017)

  23. #35
    Senior Member granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Moscow Flyer Stables
    Posts
    14,574
    Thanks
    321
    Thanked 411 Times in 290 Posts
    Supasundae £250 win Stayers hurdle 20/1 - Paddy Power

    The Storyteller - £250 win RSA - 25/1 Paddy Power

    Mia's Storm - £250 win RSA - 25/1 Sky Bet

    Disko - £250 win Gold Cup - 25/1 Bet 365
    Last edited by granger; 5th December 2017 at 5:16 PM.
    Some people say heís the best since Arkle and thatís certainly true when you look at what heís done

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:

    Diamond Geezer (5th December 2017)

  25. #36
    Super Moderator Diamond Geezer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    9,890
    Thanks
    939
    Thanked 1,473 Times in 794 Posts
    The minimun win bet is £250 PJ

  26. #37
    Senior Member granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Moscow Flyer Stables
    Posts
    14,574
    Thanks
    321
    Thanked 411 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond Geezer View Post
    The minimun win bet is £250 PJ
    Grand - will edit. My bad
    Some people say heís the best since Arkle and thatís certainly true when you look at what heís done

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to granger For This Useful Post:

    Diamond Geezer (5th December 2017)

  28. #38
    Senior Member Grasshopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,317
    Thanks
    677
    Thanked 477 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    L’Ami Serge: £350 Win (Stayers Hurdle - 16/1 Betfair Sportsbook)
    Spouting shite on here since 2006.

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

    NewApproach (6th December 2017)

  30. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    Cross Country Chase £500 win Tiger Roll 14-1 Bet 365

  31. The Following User Says Thank You to zongalero For This Useful Post:

    Diamond Geezer (8th December 2017)

  32. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    East Midlands
    Posts
    952
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
    Albert Bartlett - On The Blind Side £1,000 WIN @ 16/1 PP or Bet365

  33. The Following User Says Thank You to jft2005 For This Useful Post:

    Diamond Geezer (8th December 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •