Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 82

Thread: Fairyhouse Weekend

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North Cork. Home of steeple chasing
    Posts
    3,405
    Thanks
    902
    Thanked 307 Times in 224 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6
    Fantastic for JJWalsh and Dr O' Brien to win with David's Charm.
    Between him and Ballyegan Hero they have had some six months with more to come hopefully.
    Last edited by edgt; 3rd December 2017 at 3:49 PM.

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Posts
    Many

    To remove these adverts please either login or join if you are not a member.


     

  3. #42
    Senior Member Tanlic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bangkok Thailand
    Posts
    5,975
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 162 Times in 145 Posts
    She is simply awesome in her own class..God forbid they attempt do anything else but win the mares
    Formely Fist of Fury

  4. #43
    Senior Member Kauto Abu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,206
    Thanks
    225
    Thanked 129 Times in 89 Posts
    Elliott was very much of the opinion with the ill fated Fayonagh that his horses should always go for the easiest opportunity come March. She was been aimed at the Mares Novice hurdle so Id expect no exceptions to the rule with Apples Jade. Mares Hurdle presumably again. Shes only 6, she could knock a sequence up.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #44
    Senior Member Tanlic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bangkok Thailand
    Posts
    5,975
    Thanks
    96
    Thanked 162 Times in 145 Posts
    Now that's how you present a percy ...brilliant!!!
    Formely Fist of Fury

  6. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,879
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 171 Times in 145 Posts
    That was impressive and managed to take the 33/1 for the NH Chase as he was on the run in. Thanks to Grassy for spotting that price in the ante post comp
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

    Grasshopper (3rd December 2017)

  8. #46
    Senior Member Maxbet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    697
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
    Would be a good price if that were the target, owner says RSA. Performance looked very good.
    One great use of thought is to share it, because sometimes, it can make you think you don't know what to think"

  9. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    1,879
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 171 Times in 145 Posts
    Yeah that wouldn’t be ideal but he’d surely have a far better chance in the longer race and these targets have been known to change.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

  10. #48
    Senior Member Grasshopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,316
    Thanks
    677
    Thanked 477 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbet View Post
    Would be a good price if that were the target, owner says RSA. Performance looked very good.
    A lot can change between now and March, Max, and he was hardy unequivocal about it. It’s a good price regardless, given he’s no bigger than 14/1 now.

    I dare say the Irish National will be under serious consideration too, if the handicapper isn’t too harsh.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 3rd December 2017 at 5:24 PM.
    Spouting shite on here since 2006.

  11. #49
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,351
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    The look round for Mengli Khan after 3-out suggests he was only there to act as a hare for the jolly. Ah well.
    For sure. They were racing a long way out (which a glance at the times will back up). They've clearly taken the view that Mengli Khan needs a strong gallop to run at (seemed like he tried to make it something of a test in the For Auction as well. I've liked Mengli Khan his last two runs; one doubt would be how he copes with genuinely good ground, however.

  12. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,140
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 267 Times in 147 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trackside528 View Post
    For sure. They were racing a long way out (which a glance at the times will back up). They've clearly taken the view that Mengli Khan needs a strong gallop to run at (seemed like he tried to make it something of a test in the For Auction as well. I've liked Mengli Khan his last two runs; one doubt would be how he copes with genuinely good ground, however.
    8/1 for the Supreme a fair price to find out.

  13. #51
    Senior Member Euronymous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Leyland
    Posts
    15,415
    Thanks
    95
    Thanked 172 Times in 131 Posts
    Loup de Vega went on it, as did his best flat horse. Wouldn't worry me.

  14. #52
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,351
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    8/1 for the Supreme a fair price to find out.
    Wouldn't disagree to be fair. My view on him right now...

    PROS

    - has proven he can cut it off a decent gallop and jumps like a class act. Will be interested to see the Timeform timefigure for the race but I suspect it will be impressive (and has a degree of substance given the handicap hurdle over 2m).
    - good amount of experience over hurdles and yard clearly think highly of him.

    DOUBTS

    - How good was that Royal Bond? Early Doors lost all chance two out (and the Mullins yolk four out). Red Jack was never in the race at all.
    - Still not sure he will be as good on faster ground.

    Exciting prospect but personally I would leave 8's as things stand. Interesting to see where they pitch up next - presumably Leopardstown Christmas.

  15. #53
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    5,351
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    One that caught my eye with a view to future targets was Snow Falcon in the Drinmore. To my eye they went no more than an even gallop and he was caught a shade far back, although I am not saying he would have won under a different ride.

    He's had a couple of nice sighters over c2m4f over fences and jumped well enough. If they pitch him in to the 3 mile Grade 1 in Leopardstown over Chirstmas he could be interesting, especially as I don't see either of the two that finished ahead running in that race.

    Granger - must say I disagree slightly on Death Duty's jumping. To my eye he has an uncanny ability to put himself right at a fence and he absolutely pinged a couple this afternoon (5 and 4 out I think). He's one of those Gigginstown novices that I find it difficult to predict where he will run come March though.

  16. #54
    Senior Member granger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Moscow Flyer Stables
    Posts
    14,574
    Thanks
    321
    Thanked 411 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trackside528 View Post
    .

    Granger - must say I disagree slightly on Death Duty's jumping. To my eye he has an uncanny ability to put himself right at a fence and he absolutely pinged a couple this afternoon (5 and 4 out I think). He's one of those Gigginstown novices that I find it difficult to predict where he will run come March though.
    Was possibly a funny camera angle but it looked like he hurdled two down the back. See GE mentioned that he prob wont go over 3m again this season. If he stays sound he'll mkae a great cash spinner but as of yet he hasn't blown me away
    Some people say hes the best since Arkle and thats certainly true when you look at what hes done

  17. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    526
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 21 Times in 16 Posts
    THe most impressive thing to me about Death Duty was the change of pace two out. When asked, it was 3 strides to go from 2nd to 4th and Rathvinden was down 3l. He could have engaged that earlier and won by a LOT more. Whether he travels to Cheltenham again would be my concern ante post. Powers Gold Cup will be tempting given last years troubles.

  18. #56
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,140
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 267 Times in 147 Posts
    What do we make of Bleu Et Rogue yesterday? I had a decent bet at 14/1 and was expecting him to go very close. Did his jumping let him down or is there another day in mind for him?

  19. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,140
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 267 Times in 147 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkWing View Post
    THe most impressive thing to me about Death Duty was the change of pace two out. When asked, it was 3 strides to go from 2nd to 4th and Rathvinden was down 3l. He could have engaged that earlier and won by a LOT more. Whether he travels to Cheltenham again would be my concern ante post. Powers Gold Cup will be tempting given last years troubles.
    They are the one set of owners who don't mind skipping Cheltenham but the temptation to run in a JLT is too big for me to pass at 8/1.

  20. #58
    Senior Member Grasshopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,316
    Thanks
    677
    Thanked 477 Times in 368 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    What do we make of Bleu Et Rogue yesterday? I had a decent bet at 14/1 and was expecting him to go very close. Did his jumping let him down or is there another day in mind for him?
    On my viewing, he was never put in the race.
    Spouting shite on here since 2006.

  21. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,140
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 267 Times in 147 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    On my viewing, he was never put in the race.
    What could they be thinking with him?

  22. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    675
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 21 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChance View Post
    They are the one set of owners who don't mind skipping Cheltenham but the temptation to run in a JLT is too big for me to pass at 8/1.
    After Apple's Jade victory yesterday O'Leary was going on how any winner at Cheltenham is "important."
    Elliot said he goes for the race that a horse can win.

    Regardless of those thoughts would not be surprised in the least if the Elliot/O'Leary juggernaut threw everything they have at all the big races trying to achieve something historical
    Luck leaves when unlucky people speak

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •