Thread: Talking Horses Connection Problems

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts

Talking Horses Connection Problems

Seems there's a few having issues connecting to TH including myself. Right now and yesterday afternoon the only way I could connect was via a browser on the dark side of the net Having noticed Firefox sent out some updates when logging on yesterday and having problems.........

I first refreshed it, no good.

Tried a hard refresh Cntrl/F5 no good.

Rebooted no good.

Did a whole system restore, no good.

Tried Chrome and IE browsers , no good.

Looked online, could see various people having problems with vBulletin, tried all the corrective suggestions, no good.

I'm not sure if the problem I had moving some posts from the 2m Chase thread to the newly created 2018 Champion Chase thread a couple of days ago and losing them when my internet went down is connected to this ?

Only thing else I can think of is vBulletin has changed something.

Anyone have any bright ideas ?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    It has nothing to do with vbulletin. The servers were down yesterday morning, for around an hour that I can see.
    I have tried it from 2 different mobile networks, and 3 different wi-fi locations, on a total of 2 phones, 2 laptops, 1 tablet and 3 desktops, on Edge, Chrome, IE and Firefox and cannot recreate the problem so I'm a little stuck on what to suggest. Downforeveryone reports the site as up too.

The usual things to try (I know you have Roger, but for others)

Hard refresh, CTRL & F5
    Clear cache
    Delete the talkinghorses cookies (you will have to login again)
    If you are using chrome, try using an incognito window
    Open a command prompt (DOS) and type ipconfig /flushdns then hit enter
    Make sure your browser is up to date.
    Make sure you try www.talkinghorses.co.uk rather than using a direct link or bookmark to the forum, that can (rarely) cause problems.

Reboot system after all that

Turn off any firewall or antivirus for 10 mins and try again

Only other thing I can suggest is to go here https://www.whatismybrowser.com/ and give me the URL (share this with support) and I'll have a look to see if theres anything obvious on there that could be causing it.

If you can get on using a different browser then that points to the problem being a local one, as your ISP is allowing you through, your IP isn't banned, and obviously the site is up.
    Last edited by dvds2000; 19th November 2017 at 11:42 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dvds2000 View Post
    It has nothing to do with vbulletin. The servers were down yesterday morning, for around an hour that I can see.
    Thing is I'm still getting the server not found message

Thanks
    I don't know anything about computers and websites but I couldn't get on at all yesterday but seems fine today. I use another little forum that runs on v-bulletin and we've been having a few problems lately coming up "database not found" when searching sometimes. I don't know if this is coincidence or whether it is some issue with V-bulletin.
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Just for reference Col, tried my luck and seems to be loading ok again now, hadn't changed anything