Thread: Sauchiehall Street

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Sauchiehall Street

No I did not have a bet and I have no idea if the stewards will do anything but this was blatant

Questions are being asked on social media and forums.

In a matter of a minute while steady at 5/2 on the course it drifted from 3.25 approx to 6.5 hitting 7 the second the flag dropped.

Dropped right out the back Crowley ran the horse up other horses backsides IMO deliberately.

He's positioned to wait for the cut off with a ton of horse under him but instead he switches immediately finding more trouble

Not until the race is all but over does he really go for the horse NOTE the exaggerated whip actions (It's called acting)

The in race remarks of the commentator says it all

http://www.thejockeyclub.co.uk/video...27542/16351757
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    It doesn't look good

Thanks
    I suggest you watch his previous run on 24th October then Fist, when he won having hit 1000 on the machine. I reckon it’ll change your mind.

It was Crowley’s first ride on the horse (in public at least) and it’s plausible he’d have had every reason to think this was the way to ride him.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The things that gets me Wilson is the sudden last minute drift..The horse more than doubled in price but started Joint fav having already beaten yesterdays winner. Had the drift some between 2 and 3 minutes beforehand that's acceptable but it all happened in the last minute and the horse had been calm and collected during the prelims.

But the real giveaway is when he switches as if he's going to come outside for a clear run but then seems to aim his horse straight up Hurricane Lil's backside just long enough

What did the stewards do..Aware of the social media outcry the pulled in Crowley but they cautioned Liam Keniry for getting in Crowley's way............guess he's related to Hillary Clinton and gets away with anything
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    I never knew you could watch replays of the races Tanlic. Thanks for that mate!
    Didn't look good at all but Ive pulled my hair out with lots of rides on the flat this season......Spencer was the worst.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am normally cynical about conspiracy theories but that is just wrong!
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    I never knew you could watch replays of the races Tanlic. Thanks for that mate!
    Didn't look good at all but Ive pulled my hair out with lots of rides on the flat this season......Spencer was the worst.
    It never ceases to amaze me why jockeys who have a winning chance feel they can give away so much ground in races.

Not just the flat...Scu who I like sat miles off the pace at Chepstow on Daklondike

It is just plain madness to be sitting 25 lengths off the pace in soft ground round Chepstow when nothing is finishing.

Why do it I ask? You could set off 10 lengths behind and always be in striking distance. Then an error or 2 is not so important

Where Scu was one mistake and he was on the back foot from then on in his second error all chance had gone but he made up about 35 lengths and still manged 4th.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me why jockeys who have a winning chance feel they can give away so much ground in races.

Not just the flat...Scu who I like sat miles off the pace at Chepstow on Daklondike

It is just plain madness to be sitting 25 lengths off the pace in soft ground round Chepstow when nothing is finishing.

Why do it I ask? You could set off 10 lengths behind and always be in striking distance. Then an error or 2 is not so important

Where Scu was one mistake and he was on the back foot from then on in his second error all chance had gone but he made up about 35 lengths and still manged 4th.
    He was running that horse inside and outside it didn't look like the day for him today. That's probably being generous as well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Another stunning ride.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Unreal.....setting him up for a touch...but when?
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Disn't see the race but stewards report reads "B.A. Curtis reported that SAUCHIEHALL STREET (IRE), unplaced, hung badly left"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Yep he did but no matter what Curtis said the horse should have been ridden closer to the pace not a carbon copy of last time.

You could argue he got a bad start but the horse has enough ability to steadily move through the field to be in a position to have half a chance.

Anyway no surprise the stewards wanted a word
    Formely Fist of Fury