Thread: Dewhurst Stakes

Thanks

Dewhurst Stakes

Haven't seen a short priced favourite fall in such a heap in the Dewhurst since Gorytus.

Very odd that a horse that looked so relaxed on his first two runs to run like that . One has to hope it was just the occasion got to him and he was lit up .I hope against hope he is OK and it is nothing more sinister . There is also the possibility that the infection he suffered after Goodwood has played a part .

Game stuff from the winner but Expert Eye beat Seahenge out of sight on the bit at Goodwood .
    Last edited by Ardross; 14th October 2017 at 3:13 PM.

Thanks
    It will get scant or no notice because of the player involved, but the interview before the race between Lydia and Moore is sheer comedy gold. Lydia pressing on the bias near the rail after Kew Gardens went wire to wire on the rail in the 1st and Moore going to pains at least three times to tell her that the bias is being overplayed and how many horses had run well in the middle of the track. It was actually cringe worthy because the body language was telling a completely different story. Like I know I'm a lying **** but I've got to get the rail from the one hole in the big one so nothing to see here. Also loved Lordan taking a pull on the 2nd to let Moore on to the rail. LMFAO.
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

Thanks
    Good on Lydia for bringing up this exact point post race. The startled in the headlights look on Moore as the question goes down was priceless.
    Last edited by brendanr; 14th October 2017 at 3:26 PM.
    ROLL ON THE RESISTANCE !!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't underestimate the winner. He was very slow to come to himself but that's 3 top class performances in a row and surely more to come. 11/1 for the Guineas might be worth a shilling or two as there's nothing I can see more likely at this stage
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Middle Park and Dewhurst were both terrible.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,348 Times in 804 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not the ideal stallion page photo to see a horse in blinkers and tongue tie winning at two.
    That said the previous horse to double up Diesis did quite well at stud.
    Personally I do not see him training on and would not be surprised if did Breeders Cup and retired then.
    Ground possibly too quick for Expert Eye in any case.
    Jim Bolger holds the best Guineas hand at the moment methinks.
    Last edited by edgt; 15th October 2017 at 11:15 AM.

Thanks
    I've started backing verbal dexterity. I'd be concerned if it came up quick come guineas day but i was very impressed with him the last day and suspect he is the best 3yo prospect we've seen.
    I'm clever enough to ask the questions i'm too stupid to answer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    I've started backing verbal dexterity. I'd be concerned if it came up quick come guineas day but i was very impressed with him the last day and suspect he is the best 3yo prospect we've seen.
    I'd be amazed if he's not bought by the boys in blue before next May.

Thanks
    this was an excellent piece of pricing up by the books expert eye at 4/7, that should've set off the alarm bells

Thanks
    Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,182 Posts
    Worst set of 2yr olds I've seen in years,appauling..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fonz View Post
    I'd be amazed if he's not bought by the boys in blue before next May.
    Jim was certainly spouting the sales spiel in post race interviews......
    I'm clever enough to ask the questions i'm too stupid to answer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brendanr View Post
    It will get scant or no notice because of the player involved, but the interview before the race between Lydia and Moore is sheer comedy gold. Lydia pressing on the bias near the rail after Kew Gardens went wire to wire on the rail in the 1st and Moore going to pains at least three times to tell her that the bias is being overplayed and how many horses had run well in the middle of the track. It was actually cringe worthy because the body language was telling a completely different story. Like I know I'm a lying **** but I've got to get the rail from the one hole in the big one so nothing to see here. Also loved Lordan taking a pull on the 2nd to let Moore on to the rail. LMFAO.

Watched the interviews 3 times today ....comedy gold is right.My take on it is that it shows Ryan Moore has a sense of humour because he comes very close to laughing in Lydia's face when she asks was the rail an advantage and he says no.Lydia has a well developed sense of her own importance.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Watched the interviews 3 times today ....comedy gold is right.My take on it is that it shows Ryan Moore has a sense of humour because he comes very close to laughing in Lydia's face when she asks was the rail an advantage and he says no.Lydia has a well developed sense of her own importance.
    If his rival jockey's needed RM to tell them the rails were 3L faster then they ought to retire. The only bit of race riding from Lordan that I have enjoyed all year.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Ryan obviously has a very dry sense of humour but bar seahenge there were no excuses for the beaten horses. Mendelsohn probably didn't like the going in the champagne and I suspect it was too fast for seahenge. The rest just not good enough. Expert eye obviously got too wound up but I always worry when two year old do this. He may come back and make fools of us and his trainer is a master at taking his time with horses. As for the winner he is clearly thriving with races and like his sibling, roly poly I can see him being there or thereabouts in the guineas. Given the horses at his Disposal he might end up in France for their guineas. These war front/galileos are tough and I for one am glad he's running his horses more.
    Last edited by Edinahib; 16th October 2017 at 12:28 PM.