Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Website ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,108 Times in 979 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I use the sporting life mainly

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    Even though the racing post has turned into a pile of **** it still is the only real site realistically you could use to complete 4/5 cards in aday,the other sites are just unusable for that amount of work and in comparison the post is just far quicker still,even though a lot slower than iot was previously,it's a catch 22.At the races ruined their site,it was far quicker to use than the post even though very basic I used to do the form on it just for pure speed,then it got changed became ridiculous wouldn't even consider trying to do one race on it now
    far to long winded..

Thanks
    It's interesting that less than half of us now use the Racing Post as our go to site. I reckon not so long ago it would have been close to 100%. It just shows how much their traffic must have have fallen.

What I don't understand is how the 42% that do are able to still post here, and haven't thrown their computer out of the window in shear frustration.

I'm pretty thorough in my race study, and I genuinely find what I need elsewhere these days and have lost nothing by not using it any more. I use Irish racingfor form study and ATR/Betfair for replays. So can I ask why those of you that still use it stick with it? Is it through familiarity, or is it because you don't believe you can get what you need elsewhere? And if so what is it that you need that you can only get from the RP?

Thanks
    RP is the only one for someone trying to study the form properly, it is mile in front of the rest

it has a problem that many people dont want, like most good things in life you have to pay!!

Thanks
    What is it you're getting that you can't get elsewhere though Suny?

Thanks
    the database they have
    the chance to compile your figures
    the breeding info
    even to print the cards

for me miles ahead of the other
    I read irish racing, sporting life and attheraces
    but you cant study the form in any of them

I think it is like comparing a mercedes with a Dacia

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanlic View Post
    Can you instal TOR browser........I used to use it in Thailand and could visit any site blocked or otherwise
    I work for a bank. I'm fairly certain that installing a TOR browser would be on the list of "stuff that'll get you sacked". It also explains why they are so arsey about anything remotely linked to gambling.

I should add that when I say it's been recently blocked - I mean in that last week or two - not when the big changes went ahead to the site.
    Last edited by simmo; 14th October 2017 at 12:53 PM.

Thanks
    I agree the RP site is like a Mercedes but unfortunately it's a particularly heavy and slow one.

Nevertheless I like being able to sort a horse's form by the different headings such as distance, going description, RPR etc.

I also like looking at breeding, sales prices, going preferences of the sire, performance of relatives etc

Thanks
    I find the new RP site to be much faster than the old one.

Thanks
    The majority of I.T policies that block you from accessing restricted websites will also prevent non sys admin users from installing software so it’s unlikely you’re going to be able to install something like TOR.

Maybe it’s habit but I still tend to use the RP albeit primarily through the iPad newspaper app, which obviously costs £30 per month.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by simmo View Post
    I work for a bank. I'm fairly certain that installing a TOR browser would be on the list of "stuff that'll get you sacked". It also explains why they are so arsey about anything remotely linked to gambling.

I should add that when I say it's been recently blocked - I mean in that last week or two - not when the big changes went ahead to the site.
    Not beat yet......There are a couple of handy android apps you can use to watch both ATR and Racing UK if it's something you really don't want to miss.

Sneak into the toilet with the sound down One is UKTV NOW the other is Mobdro but they do run a good minute or so behind. Google them both are perfectly clean and safe
    Formely Fist of Fury