Thread: Autumn Gallops News

Thanks

Autumn Gallops News

On The Gallops – 25th September – 7th October

Okay it's been a while and the season is winding down, but there could be some nice backward 2yo's worth getting in your notebooks and looking out for, to boost those Xmas funds. So here's a debrief of a few yards gallops in recent weeks and some horses worth keeping on the right side of.

Tuesday 26th September

Saeed Bin Suroor – Limekilns

Gold Star (K Fallon)(Led), Thunder Snow (Powered 4L clear) – 8f
    - Runs on Saturday at Ascot and could run well at decent odds.

Doweyla (Driven out), Arabian Hope (Josephine Gordon)(Nicely) – 7f
    - A filly we've liked and highlighted all season, nothing went right for her at Newmarket last time, but remains in training for an all weather campaign.

Elite Army (led), Racing Country (Burst 4L clear) – 7f
    - Regarded as one of the best colts in the yard and he has been making the right impressions at home. Holds entries all next week, and rumoured to be debuting at Yarmouth on Monday.

Laieth (led), Desert Mountain (best) – 7f
    - Gelded after a modest debut but has been showing more promise lately and should have a backend maiden within it's grasp.

Deyaanaah (nice type), Winter Lightning (quickened up best) – 7f
    - She's very very smart and her work suggests she knows her job and is a little bit special. She's in on Friday at Newmarket and the dogs are barking loud and clear.

William Haggas – Al Bahathri

Novoman (led), Mubtasim (Pat Cosgrave)(went well) – 7f
    - Not had the best of season's but he's been gelded and connections are planning either Dubai or the All Weather for him. Classy 7f horse on his day and exciting winter prospect.

Special Purpose, Island Drive, Beshaayir (Impressed) – 6.5f
    - Money was down on debut, but not given the greatest of rides, however won nicely next time in useful Newbury maiden. Connections considering the Radley Stakes with her, and she's working well with solid listed horses. Nice prospect.

Wednesday 27th September

Sir Michael Stoute – Limekilns

Zainhom (led), Expert Eye (Ted Durcan)(Burst 10L clear) 6f
    - He keeps getting better and better and this weekend's banker on all levels.

Beachwalk (led), Comrade In Arms, Rapier (Ryan Moore)(Very impressive) – 6f
    - It's hard to weigh up Stoute unraced horses but I wouldn't look too much into this horses debut, Sir Michael has suggested he will look to win his maiden before putting him away and he is a good deal better than he showed on debut.

John Gosden – Limekilns

Erdogan, Roaring Lion (Robert Havlin)(Impressively went clear) – 7f
    - Unbeaten in three starts and very much going the right way. Racing Post Trophy up next. Classy horse.

Luca Cumani – Limekilns

God Given (Luke Morris)(Disappointing), Rosental (Jamie Spencer)(Went clear easily) – 8f
    - Rosental won last week so we've missed the boat in many ways, but connections might be going for a Group 1 in Italy with her next month, keep her noted.

Michael Bell – Watered Gallop

Tidal Stream (led), Girls Talk (Best) – 7f
    - Girls Talk needs 10f but has not been butchered in 2 starts to date and works nicely at home. Quick 3rd run over a mile and either she'll come back well handicapped next season or Michael will exploit her mark on all weather.

Friday 29th September

Ed Dunlop – Limekilns

Garsington, Sixties Icon colt (went best) – 5f
    - I don't know this horses name yet, but he works very nicely and when it's known I will pass on. Notebook horse.

Qaswarah (needs time), Sageness (Sylvestre De Sousa)(nice sort, burst 6L clear) – 6f
    - After some impressive work, I lost a bit on this on debut, she's better than that and I would be inclined to forgive her poor debut after impressing at home.

Hugo Palmer – Al Bahathri

Arbalet (James Doyle)(Driven Out), Silver Quartz (Greg Cheyne)(Held in high regard) – 7f
    - Hugo considers this a Derby horse. He was green in defeat on debut but I think he bumped into a nice sort. I would not be surprised if he won his maiden this season and I think he is a very promising type for next year

High Seas (Jack Mitchell), Queen Maureen (Best) - 6f
    - Queen Maureen has no entries yet but she works well and would be up to winning her maiden this season.

Saturday 30th September

Zainhom (Led at strong pace), Expert Eye (Ryan Moore)(Powered clear) – 7f
    - Every gallop he does, he gets better, He wont get beat on Saturday,

Radio Source (led), Nasee (Ryan Moore)(Held in high regard, best) – 7f
    - Sir Michael likes this horse and his work is very pleasing,Ryan has galloped him a few times lately and that speaks volumes. Ignore his debut, he's better than that.

Michael Bell – Across The Flat

Sailing Home (Louis Steward), Girls Talk – 7f Both nice sorts
    - I like these, but think they are more hcp types.

Winston C, Dream Machine (Very easily) – 7f
    - Very solid horse off 80 and he would be a lot better than Winston C (rated 88, runs tomorrow). I think he'll be back winning when he next runs, he was given too much to do the other day.

Tuesday 3rd October

Hugo Palmer – Limekilns

Rashdan (Josie Gordon), Delsheer (Nice Prospect)(Jack Mitchell)(Best) – 7f
    - These are both very nice sorts of Hugo's

Potemix (Louis Steward), Silver Quartz (Burst 5L clear) – 7f
    - Remains an exciting prospect despite debut defeat.

Extremity, Arbalet (James Doyle)(Lazily went 2L clear) – 7f
    - He's been expensive to follow thus far but he's improving and he could go for the Autumn Stakes next. He's a horse who loves soft ground and he's starting to come good on the gallops.

Wednesday 4th October

Zainhom (led), Expert Eye (Ted Durcan)(Burst Clear) – 6f
    - Another fine piece of work.

Radio Source, Elector (Ryan Moore)(Nice Type) – 7f
    - Ran very well last time and keeps improving at home, there's a nice race in him

Melting Dew (went clear), Smart Call – 8f
    - Melting Dew is ready to win and she runs at Newmarket tomorrow, take note.

Nasee (Stretched clear), Lupin – 6f
    - Will leave his dire debut run miles behind when he runs next, he's classy

John Gosden – Limekilns

Cracksman (Rob Havlin) – 8f solo gallop
    - He's in top form.

Charlie Appleby – Limekilns

Dubee, Stage Magic, Old Persian (best), Dream Warrior – 7f These are nice colts
    - Old Persian won last week, these are some of the nicer colts in the yard,

Grecian Light (Led), Ghaiyyath (Smart filly) – 7f
    - I like this filly and she won well last time, should win a listed

Native Appeal (led), Morlock – 7f
    - Morlock runs tonight, I am not sure he will win as Kevin Ryan's is meant to be decent but he can give a guide to Native Appeal who is a 2yo the yard like a lot.

Flying Sparkle (Hayley Turner), Revived (Nice type)(Best) – 6f
    - Revived won well at Ripon and she has been working well with the useful Flying Sparkle, handicapper has given this a very fair mark.

Duke’s Girl (One paced), Nurse Nightingale (best) – 8f
    - Nurse Nightingale is now with Michael and working well, make note

Friday 6th October

Poets Word (Impressed), Dartmouth – 8f
    - Poets Word is in top form at present.

Ed Dunlop – Al Bahathri

Alemaratalyoum (led), Lohnro x Our Drama Queen (Impressive) – 7f

Agar’s Plough (One of the best 2yos in yard), Global Exceed – 6f

Global Style, Highcastle (Best) – 6f

Hazarfan (Impressive)(Very highly regarded), Vision Clear (one paced) – 7f

I don't really rate Ed Dunlop, but I am told Hazarfan is the best 2yo they've had in a long time. The others marked in bold above are considered nice types.

Hugo Palmer – Limekilns

Extremity (led), Architecture (Michael Hills)(Come on leaps and bounds since Newbury) – 8f
    - Architecture may go for the St Simon Stakes next time out and has come on a lot for her last run, one to note.

Al Mayda (led), Mystic Meg (James Doyle)(Machine, burst 7L clear, non stayer on debut) – 6.5f
    - Ignore her debut run, she pulled hard and blew up in ground, she's way better than that, she's smart and will win her maiden next time.

Saturday 7th October

Zainhom (led), Expert Eye (Andrea Atzeni)(Powered 8L clear) – 7f
    - Getting repetitive but will win Saturday.

Shraooh (led), Fidaawy (best) – 8f
    - In great form and expected to win another big hcp before the years out.

Saeed Bin Suroor – Limekilns

Race Day (useful), Winter Lightning (This is very classy)(Powered 3L clear) – 7f
    - Race Day is a 98 rated older horse who is a good work horse, Winter Lightning however is a machine and is the yards 1000 Guineas filly, we expect her to win tomorrow. She's 11/2 at present :O that'll shorten I tell you.

John Gosden – Limekilns

Garrick (Led), Emeraaty (Jim Crowley)(Very smart)(4L clear) – 7f
    - Won well last time, is at least listed class.

Maverick Wave, Jack Hobbs (Best but looked after) – 8f
    - Nice to see JH back in good form

Sacred Act (Led), Cracksman (Rab Havlin)(Went at least 10L clear) – 8f
    - Cracksman went impressively ahead of his end of season target.

Cunco (led), Crossed Baton (This colt is very smart) – 7f
    - Won well last time, Zetland stakes possible.

Queen Of Connaught (needs time), Esme Kate (Hayley Turner)(Nice sort), Hot Off The Press – 7f
    - Hayley tells us this is a nice 2yo/

Je Suis Charlie, Rays The Money (best) – 7f
    - Rays The Money is in great form, and should win again before the years out.

I hope this helps and people enjoy, a lot more happened on the gallops but this was the main action and horses to note.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Flame For This Useful Post:

2017diary (13th October 2017), Carl (13th October 2017), Colin Phillips (12th October 2017), Kauto Abu (13th October 2017), Maruco (13th October 2017), Tanlic (12th October 2017), Turffan (13th October 2017)

Thanks
    nice to see you back ty

Thanks
    expert eye found to be lame after race.... shame