Thread: Enable to stay in training

Thanks

Enable to stay in training

Excellent news . I hope there is no nonsense about going to Dubai in March though .

I suspect we might see her at 1m 2f -she hardly looked as if it would inconvenience her .
    Last edited by Ardross; 9th October 2017 at 11:34 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardross For This Useful Post:

Carl (9th October 2017)

Thanks
    Tattersalls Gold Cup,Prince of Wales,King George VI &QE2,Irish Champion Stakes,Arc,Breeders Cup.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Tattersalls Gold Cup,Prince of Wales,King George VI &QE2,Irish Champion Stakes,Arc,Breeders Cup.
    + July Cup and Irish St Leger. Serious horse.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by an capall View Post
    + July Cup and Irish St Leger. Serious horse.
    Is she being transferred to AOB ?

Thanks
    Met someone this week who told me that Henry Cecil tried really desperately hard to persuade connections to keep Frankel in training for another year and that he wanted him to go for the King George. What a prospect that might have been? Apparently also absolutely confident he would have stayed the trip without difficulty.

Thanks
    Novellist would have been dealt with like all the rest.
    All comers, all grounds, all beaten!

This perfect mix of poetry and destruction.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G-G View Post
    Met someone this week who told me that Henry Cecil tried really desperately hard to persuade connections to keep Frankel in training for another year and that he wanted him to go for the King George. What a prospect that might have been? Apparently also absolutely confident he would have stayed the trip without difficulty.
    That's good to know that it wasn't Henry (Who we sadly miss) who robbed the racing world of what would have been a fantastic spectacle to watch.

Had he run in and won the King George in the same fashion he won the 2000 guineas eg he may well have been hailed by all the undisputed champion of all time ahead of Secretariat and Sea Bird II b
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    That was the talk in Newmarket in the summer of 2012, but as Henry's health started to deteriorate he was unsure he would be able to train the horse to his most potential and therefore agreed with Juddmonte that it would be best to retire him at the end of his 4yo career. Just weeks before SHC passed away, he made a visit to see Frankel and say goodbye to him. Many lads in the yard felt Frankel kept him alive longer than he would have without him.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    [QUOTE=G-G;685876]Met someone this week who told me that Henry Cecil tried really desperately hard to persuade connections to keep Frankel in training for another year and that he wanted him to go for the King George/QUOTE]

Not sure he'd have beaten Long Run

Thanks
    The person who told me said Frankel was keeping him alive. Maybe it would have made the difference for a bit longer if he had stayed in training. Something no one will ever know.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Stallion building...oops sorry, wrong stable.
    "And still they gazed and still the wonder grew. That one small head could carry all he knew.

And that small head knew that Impaire Et Passe would win the Champion Hurdle."

Thanks
    The person who told me said Frankel was keeping him alive. Maybe it would have made the difference for a bit longer if he had stayed in training. Something no one will ever know.
    Had Frankel been ridden by a proper jockey he would have stayed 1m 4f at 3 . I think it was Carson who said in the RP that if Frankel had turned up when Lester was HRAC's stable jockey there would have been no doubt he would have run in the Derby . Rather like Arkle a great horse ridden by a moderately talented jockey .