Thread: Calling Sectionalistas...

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts

Calling Sectionalistas...

I don't know a lot about sectionals but they fascinate me - a bit like luxury cars...

As a student of 'normal form' I understand the idea of marking up form. I often do so myself.

However, what I don't understand is how the likes of Timeform arrive at their mark-up figures on the basis of sectional analysis.

I've been toying with the idea of subscribing to the TF sectional service but am concerned that too much of it will relate to AW form, which is of no interest to me. I really don't want to be paying for a Big Mac when all I want is the slice of cheese. But I also see they claim they don't offer any explanations or interpretations of their figures. That strikes me as a lack of confidence in what they're doing.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience of the service and if so would they be prepared to share their experience of using it?
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Dates from 2012 but does include a formula that was used at that time

https://betting.betfair.com/horse-ra...ng-160412.html

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diamond Geezer For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (13th September 2017), Grey (13th September 2017)

Thanks
    I haven't subscribed to their sectional times service as they don't cover the jumps. On the race passes they started to show a Time Figure even for jumps racing but its a simple rating and not very informative like I image the sectional data would be, you can read their introduction here http://en.calameo.com/read/000362465...d=mSo7SacuVBgK

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Aughex For This Useful Post:

Desert Orchid (14th September 2017)