Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: King George Boxing/St Stephen's Day 2017

Thanks
    why, to come down to your level?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    This is getting silly and it needs to be put to bed.

Augie you are talking shite Grassy your argument is coming from the opposite end of where it should come from.

Don Cossack has never been a bridle horse in his life he needs to be ridden to get into top gear. I have always said he would have won at Kempton but Augie ffs what aload of crap you are spouting.

To bring up Aintree is a joke. Cue Card was totally out of form and found nothing in that race. the 2nd 3rd and 4th never changed places and stayed the same distance between each other from 3 out.

For anyone to believe that the Cue Card who ran at Aintree of a lowly 163 and the won that won the King George were on the same form is complete and utter nonsense.

What is affect you are trying to get us to believe is that beating John's Spirit 159 at level weights by 4 lengths is in the same ball park as beating Vautour 170.

It is fair to say that Cue Card was in the worst form of his life at Aintree and the best form of his life at Kempton. The ratings confirm that as he was at an all time low after Aintree and an all time high after Kempton.

You really should learn to think outside the box Jack
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The point I was trying to get across is not that DC was a bridle horse, but that he was a horse who was already fully extended in the KG, and therefore was not going to put 'dozens' of lengths between himself and two class-acts like CC and Vautour, in the final two furlongs at Kempton.

I didn't go into any of the many other reasons why the original claim was specious nonsense (some of which you have covered) because it would have been pointless - something confirmed by Aughex's subsequent reply.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Being occupied by The Numskulls is not easy he's probably just confused
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Don't feed him..
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Tanlic I didn't know you could claim a race is shite because the horses never switched places between themselves? Then you continue to argue the form of the race as if that was challenged by me, where did you see that? The claim that a horse with 2 furlongs left can extend to 25+ lengths is a reality, it happened.

No @Grass you didn't go into more reasons is because you didn't had any and the one you had I debunked. The GC winner was never thereabouts at the end of the 3 mile race, he fell 2 out, your whole argumentation fails. I used educated guess based on their latest performance in the same race, Don was a thorough stayer, he looked out of his place in the KG with a mile to go but at 3 out he was coming back into it. No one knows where he would've finished, some say its 5 lengths, I say 12+ lengths, it might've been more, its all speculation because the horse fell. You cannot use anything related to Don in that race, to compare with his future performance in the GC like you tried to do.

Vautour was a stayer because he didn't had a turn of foot, he was galloping at high speed which made him a brilliant middle distance horse and if Ruby hadn't sent him so early in the KG he might've gone home in front as well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Go away now.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Not before making the case for Vautour staying, which is very simple, he almost won the KG by going very fast upfront. Non-stayers would've dropped out much earlier in that race.
    Last edited by Aughex; 10th November 2017 at 1:36 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No-one - least of me - is claiming Vatour was a non-stayer, you gigantic ninny.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Got to be pleased with that.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Very. Engine still intact, and jumped very nicely.

Thanks
    Probably content more than pleased for me. I just think he's a better horse when leading . Nevertheless good 160 performance first time out and I am sure Mr Henderson knows what he's doing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Got to be pleased with that.
    RUK were dying to find fault with him. Unnecessary chit chat if ever there was
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I think if he came out of that ok and was full of beans I'd go after that million quid and run him in the Betfair.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Next time well see him will be Boxing Day. Nicky has already said he won't go to Haydock. They might regret not taking it on though when they look back at the end of the season.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Jumped great, went away from some fair handicappers with ease, showed he can take a lead, didn’t have a hard race, blew away the cobwebs, and didn’t show a single sign of temperament...except possibly idling just a touch.

Don’t see anthing to be downbeat about. In fact, it was about as perfect an intro/prep as you could reasonably have asked for beforehand, I reckon.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    I have a feeling we might see something a bit special on Boxing day. I haven't been this excited about a chaser since Kauto.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I am trying to keep a lid on things, at present.........but struggling a little to do so.

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As stated here previously there has rarely been such an array of young chasing talent at three miles.
    Add in Douvan if he runs and this could be a chase for the ages and as good a way of keeping Kempton Park open for racing as any.
    All in the hands of connections now.

Thanks
    Anyone got a link to Might Bites run at Kempton last Christmas. Jockey Club isn't working for some reason. Cheers.