Thread: Wayne's (Betfair's) Worlds

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Wayne's (Betfair's) Worlds

First off I am a fan of the exchanges. The one place you can have a decent bet no questions asked.

However be warned their is a downside a friend pointed out to me today having been trapped by it.

Today at Windsor in the 1st race he backed Take me with You at 1.44 early doors........don't know how much for but go with 20 points but he reckons he's losing a bundle if it wins due to NR

20 points at 1.44 return 28.80 less 5% on winnings a net 28.36

HOWEVER after he bet the horse Non Runners

City Gent POW 3.3%
    Count Otto 1.1%
    Lord Vetinari 9.1%
    Miss Condi .05% N/a

On their prices at withdrawel your high street bookie would deduct 10 in the pound (only one horse at 9/1 low enough in price I reckon )off your winning as 3 were outside the criteria that allows deductions

88p deducted would leave you with winnings of 7.90

Betfair deducttions come of your stake and your winnings...........WTF said I.....no joke says he

They formed a new book apparently cut his price from 1.46 to about 1.26 plus take 4.5% off that leaving him about 1.25 max

To rub salt in the wound the horse when I looked just now is 1.32 duh!!!!

So where do these deductions go? I don't suggest to even to begin to understand......To the layer to Betfair ??

The fact is they have deducted about 40% off your winning for horses priced at 10/1 18/1 61/1 and 131/1
    Seems to me on this score it's more like WAYNE's World than Betfairs
    Last edited by Tanlic; 4th September 2017 at 12:32 PM.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    I got caught at Kempton last Wednesday with a late non runner who refused to go into the stalls-not only did I lose a couple of hundred euro but I now have a balance of minus €38.