Thread: Dunkirk

Thanks

Dunkirk

If anyone is planning to see the film, or has already seen it, there's a documentary on C4 iplayer called Dunkirk; The New Evidence. It's about the role the RAF played in the evacuation. It's only on catchup for a couple more days but I've found it absolutely fascinating, if only to see all the archive footage of Spitfires in action.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moehat For This Useful Post:

G-G (30th July 2017)

Thanks
    Seen the film - very disappointing

Thanks
    It is Nolan, it is an action film. It does not attempt to put any meaning to what happened. That's for someone else. I watched in an IMAX cinema and found it a stunning action film. Didn't really like the survive at all costs thread but otherwise thought it well worth seeing.
    My grandad was in the rearguard and didn't return though my nan later married one of his friends who did.

Thanks
    Enjoyed the film, but it didn't blow me away
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

Thanks
    The soundtrack drowned out the dialogue and amongst other things, Harry Styles ~ really? Desperate way to get 12 year old girls interested in a war film .

Thanks
    Supposedly Nolan didn't know who he was and I'm inclined to believe him. I thought he was good [assume he came up through drama school]. I think I expected far too much of the film, but still enjoyed it and [this is the unusual bit] would quite like to go and watch it again, preferably with my daughter who teaches about WWII, to find out her opinion of it. I'm glad I saw the documentary after the film but it's another reason for wanting to see it again. Well, that and Tom Hardy.....