Thread: Smartphone App

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries

Smartphone App

Anyone got any insight into how you might go about getting one of these off the ground? I'm talking about taking it all the way from a concept held inside the head a non-technical person, to me spending most of my day trying to get RUK tuned-in on my yacht.

I'm assuming there are a zillion software agencies will offer to do it, so the question is more about rough costs, timescales to deploy, and how one might go about ensuring the idea is not robbed by some unscrupulous cu*nt, like what I may or may not have just done.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Grasshopper For This Useful Post:

Miesque (26th July 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    You'll need

someone who is both more intelligent and more naive than you

someone who will take a one off payment

someone with spare time

Someone with their life ahead of them who will get over you quickly

in essence a scrubby gimpy student

ps you need a good idea for the app and a catchy name

Good luck bud
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    You'll need

someone who is both more intelligent and more naive than you
    Probably half-way there already.

someone who will take a one off payment
    The proposal would be to offer a piece of the action, if the app is put together as a homer. No used notes will change hands.

someone with spare time
    It's more about finding the skills. Throw a geek a technical challenge, and the opportunity to earn on the back of his bits and bytes, and he will find the time.

Someone with their life ahead of them who will get over you quickly
    Fair chance of litigation in the future, as the success goes to my head, and I try to pilfer from my parters, so no chance of them forgetting me quickly.

in essence a scrubby gimpy student
    Yes, I feared that might be the case. I'd really like some grizzly, wizened, old dabbler, who can do commit whatever he can, and eventually knock-out something usable.

ps you need a good idea for the app and a catchy name
    The idea is a variation on a theme. Some apps currently offer the same thing as I'm considering, but there may be a competitive advantage to be had, using a different payment arrangement. As for the name, I have something in mind, but there may be....er....copyright issues!

All will be revealed, if this ever gets off the ground. It was one of my occasional get-rich-quick flashes of inspiration, but I had been smoking some Silver Haze not long before, and it might be a load of old hoo-ha. If I get a nibble from anyone about how I can move it forward, then I'll start thinking about whether it genuinely has legs or not.
    Last edited by Grasshopper; 27th July 2017 at 9:43 AM.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Haven't seen him post in a long time but Gareth Flynn was the techiest of all on here
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done