17 54.84%
  • Faugheen

10 32.26%
  • Other

4 12.90%
Page 48 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152 LastLast

Thread: The Road To The 2018 Champion Hurdle

Thanks
    Wicklow Brave ran rather tamely in the CH last year though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardross View Post
    Not sure about that, Ardross. He missed the start, gave them all a head start but came there swinging after 3 out and just didn't get home. I certainly felt that the only reason he didn't get home was due to the ground lost at the start and energy/stamina wasted to get back into it.

Then he won the punch champ hurdle a month later. Despite what people may make of that race, he still won, beating the Cheltenham champion hurdle 2nd MTOY & the county hurdle winner off top weight, Arctic Fire in the process.

Apart form Buvair D'air, I think he has as good a chance as any of them to finish 2nd.

Thanks
    I know he won at Punchestown. ...but all the other jockeys had absolute shockers!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggers1972 View Post
    I know he won at Punchestown. ...but all the other jockeys had absolute shockers!
    MTOY clearly should have won at Punchestown - Aidan Coleman lucky to get the ride back next week.

Thanks
    What you mean Barry's chosen Buveur ?
    Man who catch fly with chopstick .... accomplish anything.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardross View Post
    As DH pointed out he lost ground at the start.
    BUT he did exactly the same at Punchestown by design

He was very flat from after 2 out there's no getting away from that but was his head in the right place that day.

What he did in the Punchestown Champion Hurdle would suggest he was not quite right physically or wasn't right in the head at the festival

What can not be ignored is he had 2 CH runner ups in 2nd and 3rd in the PCH and that form gives him a genuine chance of winning a CH let alone being placed.
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    CP will get pulled at 48-hr stage, or is left in to make the pace for BDA.....in which case, he finishes well behind a close like John Constable.
    I just watched the contenders hurdle for the hell of it and I have ridden horses and seen the sheep on Norton gallops move faster.

No matter how you look at it that was an exercise canter for buvi not a race and JC finished 6/7 behind The New One and Old Guard who both have decided they aren't fast enough to run in the race

The ground could be against him and Evan Williams is now thinking this might mess up his plans for the summer........you have backed a NR wait and see and even Charli can beat one of them
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Clearly OG and TNO not running was factored into the selection in the first place, you nugget.

I do concede, though, that I’d have been happier with quicker ground for JC.

Fu*ck it. I’ve not exactly gone Punto Banco on him, and I really won’t care after Footpad has gone in!
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Gotta love the interview with Aiden Coleman in today's RP where he's bigging up the chances of MTOY

"His festival record is second to none"

erm...

Should have just omitted the "to none"
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wilsonl For This Useful Post:

Colin Phillips (8th March 2018), Danny (8th March 2018)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
    Clearly OG and TNO not running was factored into the selection in the first place, you nugget.

I do concede, though, that I’d have been happier with quicker ground for JC.

Fu*ck it. I’ve not exactly gone Punto Banco on him, and I really won’t care after Footpad has gone in!
    Cop out blame the ground...If they ran it downhill on the electric brae in the height of summer he still couldn't get placed
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Elgin put up to 161
    Ch'tibello down 2lb to 154
    Call Me lord remains unchanged on 152.
    Flying Tiger appears to have been left on 140 ???????????? Surely they've forgot to update the rating.

That would make him a stone better off with Call Me Lord for 0.5 lengths and 19lb better off with Elgin for 5L should they meet in a handicap.

I don't know how you can take the form literally but then completely excuse one horse from it.

33/1 NRNB for the County. Looks like another chunky bet to line up along side Mohaayed. Having won the Fred winter last year and being left on his mark after that race on Saturday can't see how this doesn't shorten up dramatically if this is the target.
    12/1 now 10's in places and with the Favourite Max Dynamite looking less likely to run he could well be favourite on the day. I expected him to shorten but not quite to this extent, If Elgin were to run well in the Champion ( not that I expect him too ) but this could go off silly prices.

All that said, he'll still get smashed by Mo'.

Chesterfield has been backed off the boards this week following a nice little win on the All weather. He wouldn't want it too soft IMO but it might of dried by then 6lb better off with Mo who danced past him at Christmas with consummate ease won't be enough.

Thanks
    For F*cks sake!!!! Chesterfield now 16/1. I Have notes in my H'Cap file from only 6 or 7 days ago that read as follows:

"Chesterfield - Keep an eye for County hudle. 40/1. Needs better ground"

Took my eye off the ball here big time as haven't backed him yet and went totally unbeknownst to me that he had that jog Round the all weather.

I absolutely loathe missing a massive price

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Handful View Post
    For F*cks sake!!!! Chesterfield now 16/1. I Have notes in my H'Cap file from only 6 or 7 days ago that read as follows:

Took my eye off the ball here big time as haven't backed him yet and went totally unbeknownst to me that he had that jog Round the all weather.

I can sort of beat that mate. I thought I'd have a little saver on him when I was bored at work one night I thought seen as he was 6lb better off with Mo and given the price plus the ground factor and the price I stuck a £14 win 40/1 boosted to 50's. Happy with that. I was going through my bets again totting up and noticed that I had no £14 single on Chesterfield but instead had one on Gwafa...never heard of him haha. Must have been right next to him in the betting or something. I've heard stories of people placing bets by mistake but have to admit its the first time I've done it online. Years ago in the shops I once wrote the wrong number of a horse but never had the problem before online.

Fear not though DH the more progressive Mohaayed has his number anyway !

When reading a lot of your thoughts Shane I tend to agree with most of them. It seems as though we operate on the same sort of wavelength. You have my sincerest condolences.
    Last edited by Danny; 8th March 2018 at 5:46 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Handful View Post

Blame Rory - haven't seen him post on here for a while though. He tipped him up in the TFF podcast last Friday.
    Alcohol, because no good story ever started with "I was eating this salad..."

Thanks
    The immediate reaction or over reaction depending on how you see it he was cut immediately to 20's after impressively scooting past Zubayr at Kempton. I don't think Rory is to blame.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Graham Wylie on Get In on ATR, sounds like the CH for Yorkhill

Thanks
    They have to be on a wind up surely ? Unless Faugheen or Melon is not coming over.

The most bizarre decision ever.

Unless of course they are sending Faugheen to win and the others to box in Buveur D'air.

As John Gosden once said "All weather tactics".
    Last edited by Danny; 9th March 2018 at 7:49 PM.

Thanks
    Just checked the exchanges and some bizzare differences between the CH outright and the CH w/o BD market.

Yorkhill 11's w/o and 14's OR
    Wicklow 8's w/o and 26's OR

Ridiculous scenes !
    Last edited by Danny; 9th March 2018 at 7:57 PM.

Thanks
    Even more strange is Faugheen out to 7/2 without BD and not one single bet left in the lay column.

Brace yourselves.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    What exchange are you using.......Yorkhill is 8 on the machine..................If the Faugheen was known to be a non runner there surely there would be all sorts trying to lay him...right now there's 22 quid at 6/1 no one is rushing to take

Faugheen worked well on Thursday so unless something has gone terribly wrong he should run...........what have they got to lose at his age?

The market is changing because Yorkhill is more or less certain to run and Ruby might ride
    Last edited by Tanlic; 10th March 2018 at 6:53 AM.
    Formely Fist of Fury