Thread: Maths Prize

Thanks

Maths Prize

I will admit Im not the biggest fan of the flat and one of my biggest gripes is the starting stalls.( time loading , horses upset , blindfolds ,tails twisted up their backside etc..) While watching the racing yesterday the queens horse Maths Prize seemed very upset in the stalls and then proceeded to trap its leg where I believe the jockey rests his foot , could be wrong. I thought it would have been normal to unload the horse and get a quick once over from a vet, but no just a handler whipping out the leg and away they go. The horse then runs no sort of race and is virtually pulled up over a furlong out. I assume it was lame but I can find no mention in todays reports. Anyway was just wondering is this the normal procedure ?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    They mentioned it a bit after the race. I think they interviewed the trainer, Charlton. The horse lost a tooth and badly cut its lip. It was no surprise that it was never going in the race.

I backed it and will do so should it return to the track later in the season but I imagine it will need a lot of stalls rehab.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Eleanora Duse (24th June 2017), frontrunner (23rd June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,128 Times in 2,052 Posts
    Stewards Report

Kieran Shoemark, the rider of MATHS PRIZE, unplaced, reported that the gelding got upset in the stalls causing MATHS PRIZE to strike its head on the front gate and, at one stage, his right-hind leg was balanced on the jockeys' foot ledge. The Veterinary Officer reported a post-race examination of MATHS PRIZE revealed the gelding was sound, but had lost an incisor tooth.