Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Ascot Saturday

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    I have Limato lumpy a/post and The Tin Man as the last leg of a Yankee (all the others have won) who the feck do I cover on
    Brilliant result for you, Euro. Brilliant!

(Assuming they can't possibly disqualify him but most decent bookies pay the double result anyway, don't they?)
    Last edited by Desert Orchid; 24th June 2017 at 4:36 PM.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Desert Orchid For This Useful Post:

Euronymous (24th June 2017)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Is Edward Lewis is so well in himself they decided to go big time and come here instead of Musselburgh ? I'm have an ew bet on the basis that might be the case
    Formely Fist of Fury

Thanks
    Thanked 1,144 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Danzeno finished fifth. Surely if I placed the bet Thursday night which I did after final decs, I should get Ladbrokes placed terms, the first five home?
    Last edited by Marb; 24th June 2017 at 5:19 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Danzeno finished fifth. Surely if I placed the bet Thursday night which I did after final decs, I should get Ladbrokes placed terms, the first five home?
    Hope so for your sake mate. Doubt I'd have backed him if you hadn't put him up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Bet365 defo paid out on danzeno place. My lucky 15 returned 70 euro very happy with that. Paris protocol in the last now although mullins will probably hose up.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Just spoke to Ladbrokes customer service. They said any bet placed on The Wokingham before 9am today is classed as anti-post? Surely not... What an absolute pisstake. Final decs were made 10am on Thursday morning ffs. Who can I query this with (apart from Ladbrokes).?
    Last edited by Marb; 24th June 2017 at 5:33 PM.

Thanks
    Just spoke to Ladbrokes customer service. They said any bet placed on The Wokingham before 9am today is classed as anti-post? Surely not... What an absolute pisstake. Final decs were made 10am on Thursday morning ffs. Who can I query this with (apart from Ladbrokes).?
    http://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-941...ef%20Executive

Thanks

It is not an ante post bet -fact.What you need to find out is when did they start paying the enhanced terms-unfortunately you will be dealing with people who are customer service assistants with no real feel for gambling.
    I don't want to add to your pain but if you want enhanced place terms its a rookie mistake to bet before the day of the race-bet365 are the only firm that definitely give it to all bets after final declarations-the rest of them can be slippery.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,499 Times in 2,755 Posts
    Just watched the sprint again a few times.

Conclusions:

1. Limato still below his very best.
    2. Queally rode a brilliant race on the winner.
    3. Librisa Breeze should have finished at least second.

I've never been a fan of Queally but his post-race interview oozed class, dignity, humility and intelligence. He's clearly picked up a lot from Fanshawe.

In a way I'm glad Limato didn't win. Harry Bentley didn't deserve to be jocked off and fair play too to Chapman for highlighting the crass stupidity of the owner for doing so.

Librisa Breeze was poised to make his move when The Tin Man came across him two out causing him to stall and lose two-three lengths before getting his rhythm back and finishing strongly without being given a hard race. Whether Newmarket will suit him is another matter but I'll be backing him to beat The Tin Man if they ever meet again. Whether he'll beat a back-to-form Limato is another question. Then there's Caravaggio, Harry Angel and Blue Point to contend with...
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Maurice De Gheest would be ideal for Librisa Breeze, would not tangle with Caravaggio.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    It is not an ante post bet -fact.What you need to find out is when did they start paying the enhanced terms-unfortunately you will be dealing with people who are customer service assistants with no real feel for gambling.
    I don't want to add to your pain but if you want enhanced place terms its a rookie mistake to bet before the day of the race-bet365 are the only firm that definitely give it to all bets after final declarations-the rest of them can be slippery.
    Cheers. After speaking to a second customer service agent, it was clear it wasn't anti-post, but when I took the slip down the shop it wasn't showing as a winner, apparently because they were only the first four places in their shops, so they have two different place terms depending on whether you bet online or in a shop.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Lesson learnt the hard way.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    they have two different place terms depending on whether you bet online or in a shop.
    Which I think is an unnecessary, unclear and disingenuous practice, I have to say.

The idea I would be getting paid out now, if only the bet was placed online, instead of in a shop, with exactly the same firm, just makes me want to vomit, it really does.
    Last edited by Marb; 25th June 2017 at 2:44 PM.

Thanks
    Have you got yesterday's Racing Post-if you have double check their ad.They are all despicable with the possible exception of 365.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No Luke, I've sent an email to Customer Services explaining everything, I'll post on here when they get back to me.

At best, somehow I'd get the 300 (or thereabouts) for my 30 e/w at 33's, (if I was getting five places).

At worst I can tell them what a load of shite they are, offering different place terms, for internet and shops.
    Last edited by Marb; 25th June 2017 at 4:33 PM.

Thanks
    No Luke, I've sent an email to Customer Services explaining everything, I'll post on here when they get back to me.

At best, somehow I'd get the 300 (or thereabouts) for my 30 e/w at 33's, (if I was getting five places).

At worst I can tell them what a load of shite they are, offering different place terms, for internet and shops.
    Good luck fella. Afraid to say I don't think Lads will back down but worth a try. Agree that Bet365 have the most integrity of all bookies I use (a fair few)

Thanks
    Powers were started at a time when Irish newspapers had plenty of stories about punters being ripped off by big English firms.For years they were brilliant offering punters a real chance of winning-I think their ideal scenario at the moment is punters setting up a direct debit.

Thanks
    Paddy Power do exactly the same, different terms for shop customers and online customers. This practice should be banned.

Thanks
    If firms are stopped from offering better terms for online and mobile customers the effect will probably be that we'll see fewer or no extra place and other offers. Simple fact is that online business is cheaper to administer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    If firms are stopped from offering better terms for online and mobile customers the effect will probably be that we'll see fewer or no extra place and other offers. Simple fact is that online business is cheaper to administer
    They can easily afford it

Last edited by jackie; 25th June 2017 at 6:47 PM.