Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Ascot Saturday

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 1,015 Posts
    Blog Entries

Royal Ascot Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Marble View Post
    Danzeno - A value price in the Anti-Post betting for The Wokingham.

He was third at Ascot on Champions Day back in 2015, in a valuable 350K sprint.
    Looks as though the handicapper has reacted favourably, dropping him half a stone in the weights, for a couple of poor runs towards the end of last season, and his seasonal pipe-opener over the wrong distance of seven furlongs last month. The switch from Group races, to prestigious handicap, with the simultaneous drop in the weights, is drawing me towards him.

Wokingham Handicap - Danzeno 33/1 Each Way. Ladbrokes & Hills.
    Last edited by Marb; 23rd June 2017 at 7:34 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Anyone give Restorer any chance in the second race Saturday? The Muir stable are in good nick. He showed promise early on in his career, form figures don't tell full story, as last two runs hinted at return to some proper form.
    Last edited by Marb; 23rd June 2017 at 6:56 PM.

Thanks
    GL with this one. Couldn't resist the 28/1 6 places with Paddy. Timeform pick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Danzeno you mean, Viking? Fair play to you, I thought Laddies were 1/5th the odds the first five, but they're a quarter the first four. No wonder they've been standout at 33's.

Thanks
    Good luck with Danzeno. I've got Limato in a double with Lady Aurelia. But I'm also backing Tasleet each way. I put the horse up when it won at a decent price at York. Haggas has said he was going to pull it out at York because the ground was too soft. If it was the cheek pieces that did the biz in spite of the ground then could go well tomorrow on faster ground.

Khairaat should win for Sir Michael and I think will be much shorter come the off.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Part time punter For This Useful Post:

Marb (23rd June 2017)

Thanks
    Danzeno you mean, Viking? Fair play to you, I thought Laddies were 1/5th the odds the first five, but they're a quarter the first four. No wonder they've been standout at 33's.
    Yup. Lads only 20s now 1/4 first 5

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    And to you PTP.

The thing about a race like the Wokingham is that you can be bang there a furlong out, looking like a possible winner, but still only finish 10th. Seen it happen many times.
    Hopefully no 7th's, 8th's or 9ths after looking a winner.
    Last edited by Marb; 23rd June 2017 at 7:42 PM.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Yup. Lads only 20s now 1/4 first 5

Yeah. So I get the each way terms that were there when I placed the bet, right?
    Last edited by Marb; 23rd June 2017 at 7:14 PM.

Thanks
    Yeah so I get the each way terms that were available when I placed the bet, right?
    Yes

11. The Following User Says Thank You to viking For This Useful Post:

Marb (23rd June 2017)

Thanks
    Need a good day to ensure a profit after a decent Tuesday, ttoday was painful although all my IR lays of Harry Angel were matched (down to 1.5) so it could have been worse.

I don't like Dartmouth so want to be against him. My Dream Boat stands at at 18/1 in a couple of places. I don't think this horse is ground dependent, it just looks that way because he's always ridden out the back and horses are easier to catch from that position on softer ground. He ran on well from a poor position in the race Ulysees won at Sandown first time out and was also far from disgraced in the Champion Stakes last year. Small each way and I'll be looking at the place market tomorrow.

In the Diamond Jubilee I have 4s and 5s a/p on Limato. He should take this as long as it doesn't rain and the main danger The Tin Man is also backable at 13/2 given that the odd layer is going 4 places on the race.

Thanks
    2.30 masar
    3.05 ayrad
    4.20 librisia breeze
    5.00 lancelot du lac

Lucky 15 for a deposit on a gaf.

Will do comicas 33-1 and danzeno 22-1 too singles and double.

Great week so far up about 400 a lot due to gigsies shout feng shui and desert orchids rare rhythm at 22-1 although I had the French horse in the first today at 25s. Could've been a lot better refused about 500 quid in cash outs which I should've taken and reckon Ryan Moore has cost me at least a grand! He's not to be trusted on evens faves

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    US Army Ranger Queen Alexandra stakes
    When is the last time a Derby runner up ran in this race ?
    Head fried I imagine but surely worth a little tipple ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 875 Posts
    Remain convinced Magical Memory would've won the last year's Jubilee had he lasted another 50 yards, and today's faster ground gives him every chance of doing so.
    Had a setback since, but ran a blinder in his prep run on return on unsuitably soft at York, and trainer adamant he'll strip fitter today.
    Drawn ideally to pick off Limato in the closing stages and, hopefully, Frankie's sub will prove up to it.
    Last edited by reet hard; 24th June 2017 at 1:30 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Limato will be very hard to beat but I've backed Librisa Breeze each-way. That final furlong at Ascot last year will live long in the memory. He was on a steep curve then and if he's improved again over the winter he'll be no worse than second.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Can he do it over 6f though DO? That was an incredible performance last year but he'll need a pace collapse over 6f and i don't think that will happen in a Group 1.
    I'm clever enough to ask the questions i'm too stupid to answer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
    Can he do it over 6f though DO? That was an incredible performance last year but he'll need a pace collapse over 6f and i don't think that will happen in a Group 1.
    I presume you mean Librisa Breeze, Aragorn?

I'm not sure the pace collapsed in that race. I don't have access to sectionals but while I can accept they were slowing in the final furlong - they always do - I wouldn't be surprised if he clocked around 11s for it.

Dean Ivory knows a top class sprinter when he sees one and I don't think he thought he was tilting at windmills in sending him for a G1 race on his final run. I think it was more a case of his season catching up with him but he'll probably have been trained like a sprinter this year rather than a 7f-8f handicapper and if he can eke another two lengths out of him he'll be very close to Limato's current best. Of course, the latter might be better again this season, in which case I'm donald-ducked anyway

Thanks
    I have Limato lumpy a/post and The Tin Man as the last leg of a Yankee (all the others have won) who the feck do I cover on

Thanks
    They can't throw him out surely??

Thanks
    Possibly if Limato had finished second

Thanks
    Librisa Breeze desperately unlucky, I think. Might be my pocket talking (won as I had 4 places) but he spent a furlong looking for room just as the race was hotting up. I'll be surprised if the sectionalistas don't say he posted the fastest final quarter, possibly the fastest final furlong too.

Can't throw the winner out though.