Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grenfell...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts

Grenfell...

Can't believe no thread on here,not even going to go into the politics of it when I read this brought me to tears..

The bodies of up to 42 people were found in just one room by search and rescue teams combing Grenfell Tower after the fatal fire last week, it has been claimed.
    It is believed the remains of the group were discovered inside one of the flats by recovery teams who have been searching the White City tower block over the last few days.
    A video uploaded on YouTube shows an unnamed man speaking in front of the burned out tower. He said: 'He said: 'I've got a friend who works for the fire brigade here, yeah? Yesterday on the phone he said they found about 42 bodies in one room, all hiding together. No-one knows that

And a spokesman for the Met Police said he would not be able to advise on numbers or information relating to the searches so far.
    One of the worst disasters in recent history, police have confirmed 79 are thought to have died but the true figure is thought by residents and locals to be much higher.
    A friend of victim, who wished to remain unnamed, told MailOnline close to the scene of the tragedy: 'They found 42 bodies in one flat. The word tragic doesn't even begin to describe it. It's heartbreaking. Maybe they went there to comfort each other.'
    The landscape of the Lancaster Estate in White City changed forever in the early hours of Wednesday morning after a fire broke out around 1.30pm

Yet another thing that will just slowly fade away under this government,lets hope not worst thing I've seen in my lifetime in this country,no doubt working out how to miinimize the damage with numerous cover ups..
    Last edited by gigilo; 20th June 2017 at 10:26 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,482 Times in 2,742 Posts
    I mentioned to Mrs O the other day that I was suspicious of the seemingly closely-controlled drip-feed of information to the media.

I got the impression they were stalling while figuring out how best to allow the worst possible news to be known.

Political motive?

So far I don't recall seeing any figures about how many people still alive are accounted for.

125 flats. Average 4 people per flat? The maths are just horrific.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    It absolutely stinks,there were familys in there of 4/5 someone even said a woman had 8 children all completely wiped out,when are they going to release how many were in this place it's an absolute disgrace,another whitewash coming up or 6 months down the line a riough tally.

Thanks
    It's a joke and more than a little bit disgusting that people expect the powers that be to speculate and guess on the number of casualties without having the facts to hand.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Probably a subject best avoided at present, a lot of jumping to assumptions going on everywhere.

It's difficult to believe that there won't be a lot more casualties than have been announced.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    Thanked 1,553 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I tend to agree, Col. The entire site is likely being treated as a potential crime-scene, which will slow-up progress, and the release of information. They will also be circumspect about what info they do release, in case it is prejudicial to a court-case further down the road.

The Residents Association blog appears to be very damning of the council, and their hired management hands, and I strongly-suspect some people will be going to jail on the back of this tragedy.
    "Beat the price and lose. It's what we do".

SlimChance, March 2018

Thanks
    Not even a list of residents,i smell bullshit..

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No surprise there, gigolo.
    Ah! but a man's reach should exceed his grasp......

Thanks
    I'm sure they will put up a list of residents as soon as possible,don't hold your breath and some of us know the real reason why...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gigilo View Post
    A video uploaded on YouTube shows an unnamed man speaking in front of the burned out tower. He said: 'He said: 'I've got a friend who works for the fire brigade here, yeah? Yesterday on the phone he said they found about 42 bodies in one room, all hiding together. No-one knows that
    Anon uploaded a video of anon reporting the words of anon: what use does such lurid, vile speculation serve?

The situation and state of the dead in the comparable 'neglect' tragedies of the Aberfan landslide, Kings Cross fire and Free Enterprise sinking that the emergency services had to deal with were no doubt equally unspeakable: some have to see it, the public-at-large who don't have to but want to are sick souls

Dead is dead, get on with the enquiry, no stone unturned

So far, the emergency services have behaved as per usual in exemplary fashion; one can but hope the politicians and plethora of other 'accountable' parties involved do the same

Shall we hold our breath?

Thanks
    Lessons will be learn't and no doubt a scapegoat will be given we already know that,just hope this government gets taken to task on this and the residents are relentless and get plenty of backing before they get inevitably get redirected...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ozgood View Post
    removed
    Probably the most contemptible post in the history of this forum .
    Last edited by dvds2000; 21st June 2017 at 4:23 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Col

Thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjuNuqIev8M

These are the ******* idiots causing trouble in thousands,thick as pigshit.

Banned
    Thanks
    your right thick as pigshit, but how many of them have blown up kids or stabbed to death 8 people recently , i think you are thick as pigshit for not knowing who the real enemy is , dont forget your saying , Refugees welcome here , but not where i live , 2% is enough for us . grow some bollocks .

Banned
    Thanks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaC0Z6YhsKc hope your happy with this in your country

Thanks
    ffs sake those two bible bashing red necks are as bad as those muslims in the video going on about no homosexuality in Christian faith they're probably part of the KKK,no one defends those sort of muslims if they were kicked out of the country tomorrow then that would be fine by most people in the country.

Banned
    Thanks
    thats the problem mister, we cant kick them out the country because do gooders/leftys say its against there human rights,and they know that , the country is fucked, build yourself a bunker, its coming, l hope your kids are enjoying the halal meat they are served at school

Thanks
    You seem more comcerned about halal meat than the Grenfell people who were killed,think that says a lot about you and the way you think,plus the rancid post you had removed,if you're that bothered get yourself off to Syria along with the ''brave'' EDL and do frontline fighting against isis just a thought..

Banned
    Thanks
    and please tell me where a severe minority of the population of any country in the world manage to pull this stunt off / regarding halal meat in schools. sharia law is next brother , goodnight .