Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Grenfell...

Banned
    Thanks
    Nothing on the news about this yesterday , where i was , some of us still care https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHFTuCpwPpU

Thanks
    Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,180 Posts
    I see we are still on toll of 79,as predicted at beginning of thread 2 months down the line will gradually get drip fed some sort of total,see resident at Grenfell is now working out people missing just from friends she knew in the tower with her relatives and she has a total of 130,they are just the ones they knew...

Thanks
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40445069
    The above would seem to give a number of logical reasons for he lack of clarity in numbers. Not quite so intriguing as a conspiracy by the child eating Tories. As for for instant Justice now( before all the facts are clear) a good target for vilification could be the guy charged with inventing a family living in the block and seeking compensation.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    I'd be very surprised if there was only one such lowlife.
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks
    Judge already admitting he won't be able to appease the victims,what a surprise that is,don't worry i'm sure in 2 years time all will be sorted...

Thanks
    Cladding was switched to save £300,000,of course lets not make this political no no that's such bad taste,fcuk off..

Thanks
    £300k that may have gone to public sector pay rises instead...

Banned
    Thanks
    your never get to the bottom of this ,time to move along .

Thanks
    Thanked 3,483 Times in 2,743 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ozgood View Post
    your never get to the bottom of this ,time to move along .
    Absolutely. Most of the dead were immigrant scroungers after all. Their lives don't matter...
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Banned
    Thanks
    yes it seems most were not British born , if you think they were all scroungers , then that,s your opinion, i dont think it matters what government is in charge ,all governments would bury this, they all look after each other , your never going to change that, they have the power , something will happen soon to deflect this, 99% not in your town tho concerned citizen , REFUGEES WELCOME BUT NOT WHERE I LIVE,, PLEASE

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gigilo View Post
    Can't believe no thread on here,not even going to go into the politics of it when I read this brought me to tears..

The bodies of up to 42 people were found in just one room by search and rescue teams combing Grenfell Tower after the fatal fire last week, it has been claimed.
    It is believed the remains of the group were discovered inside one of the flats by recovery teams who have been searching the White City tower block over the last few days.
    A video uploaded on YouTube shows an unnamed man speaking in front of the burned out tower. He said: 'He said: 'I've got a friend who works for the fire brigade here, yeah? Yesterday on the phone he said they found about 42 bodies in one room, all hiding together. No-one knows that

And a spokesman for the Met Police said he would not be able to advise on numbers or information relating to the searches so far.
    One of the worst disasters in recent history, police have confirmed 79 are thought to have died but the true figure is thought by residents and locals to be much higher.
    A friend of victim, who wished to remain unnamed, told MailOnline close to the scene of the tragedy: 'They found 42 bodies in one flat. The word tragic doesn't even begin to describe it. It's heartbreaking. Maybe they went there to comfort each other.'
    The landscape of the Lancaster Estate in White City changed forever in the early hours of Wednesday morning after a fire broke out around 1.30pm

Yet another thing that will just slowly fade away under this government,lets hope not worst thing I've seen in my lifetime in this country,no doubt working out how to miinimize the damage with numerous cover ups..

Banned
    Thanks
    Strange you never started a thread about London Bridge , which was a terrorist attack , but as far as i know the tower was an an accident, , i have not seen you show any remorse for victims of the terrorists, all you go on about is how many died in the fire.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ozgood View Post
    Nothing on the news about this yesterday , where i was , some of us still care https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHFTuCpwPpU
    try watching this for more than 5 mins, you will see the main speaker is a sikh, 5-10k mixed race football fans , no trouble , so no good for the bbc or ch 4.

Thanks
    Coming down for the carnival this year,can't wait awesome stuff!!1

Thanks
    Good luck - a party for the local people not attended by the majority of the local people

Won’t be around but wish anyone attending a safe time - extra vigilance required!

Banned
    Thanks
    course you are, you would **** yourself , i doubt you.ve ever been near real London . stick to ginger ale and fairy cakes at your local church fete

Thanks
    It's gonna be a beautiful thing...

1/ One whistle check

2/ Duberrys check

3/ Vodka,Tequila,Gin and Beers check

Last edited by gigilo; 2nd July 2017 at 5:56 PM.

Thanks
    Is this the Notting Hill Carnival you're referring to?

Thought that was at the end of August

Thanks
    And still nothing!!

Thanks
    I know one Grenfell resident who is still living in hotel accommodation with her husband and two teenage sons. They have not been offered any alternative accommodation and the eldest son refused to take up his 6th form place at the school adjacent to the Tower whilst the younger son also refused to go back to the school so was found a place at another local school. Then adding to the family misery, the mother has been laid off her job at the local cafe where she has worked for several years and which closed down without any warning.

The feedback from neighbours about the carnival was that it was the quietest in memory and the police cordon actually started close to Shepherds Bush with no cars being allowed from Wormwood Scrubs / Westfield area therefore reducing the number of vehicles able to drive past.

The Tower itself is still uncovered despite reports that the Council would be erecting scaffolding / covering in November - having now recovered all the bodies / remains from the site it was hoped that this shielding would start quickly and allow local residents who look at it all day to start moving on.