Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Royal Ascot - Day 1

Thanks

Royal Ascot - Day 1

I used to avoid APost betting at this meeting but I now think it's almost as important as it is at Cheltenham. If you're well in on the prices you have so much scope in terms of locking in profit.

Queen Anne - I have Lightning Spear ew at 7s for the opener and have topped up with singles at 5s and 9/2 with the two firms offering money back as a freebie if you lose. Presuming that happens said bets will go on top up later in the week.

King's Stand. Signs of Blessing 8/1 ap and topped up at 8.2 on the machine. I'm slightly worried about the ground with this one but he's run well enough on good, including in the Far East. Also backed Marsha at 4s in a double with Daban for the Jersey (cover both races). Nasty feeling a rag might take this, can't have the fav.

SJP. I'm in an excellent possie in this race as I have Barney Roy as a second part of a double with Ribchester (Lockinge, both 3/1) and have topped up since at 11/4 and 5/2. I will probably go in again tomorrow. I have protection as Churchill was backed in a double a bit ago with Le Brivido (like Daban in the Jersey) at 8/11 and 5/1. Have lost a little on Al Wukair ap in this race.

No other interests on the first day.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 735 Posts
    Christ, a top poster on here starts a thread for the biggest flat week of the year and not a single response.

is the racing actually **** poor or does no one here like the flat?
    Some people say he’s the best since Arkle and that’s certainly true when you look at what he’s done

Thanks
    Backing one only 2.30 Mutakkayef, will be recording the rest including including my favourite race of the meeting then coming home later to watch Churchill winning it

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by granger View Post
    Christ, a top poster on here starts a thread for the biggest flat week of the year and not a single response.

is the racing actually **** poor or does no one here like the flat?
    On yer bike The flat's a decent game for local forum members, there's nothing for you here Granger

Looks an excellent days racing tomorrow, My money's going the way of:
    Ribchester is the obvious choice but I can see him slightly weak in the market tomorrow on account of the ground so we should see 11/8 tomorrow I reckon, He wins for me.

No opinion on the Coventry but is of course a very interesting race as always.

Kings Stand-Big fan of Marsha and have her in singles and a double with Jack Hobbs, will have a saver on Goldream as he's another who comes alive on this ground and was unlucky last time at

PS: Hills offering a 1/5 3 places on this race is nothing short of pathetic

No bet in the SJP just hopefully another tussle to savour, Churchill wins, Barneys day will come though,

5. The Following User Says Thank You to fonz For This Useful Post:

granger (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Euronymous View Post
    I used to avoid APost betting at this meeting but I now think it's almost as important as it is at Cheltenham. If you're well in on the prices you have so much scope in terms of locking in profit.

Queen Anne - I have Lightning Spear ew at 7s for the opener and have topped up with singles at 5s and 9/2 with the two firms offering money back as a freebie if you lose. Presuming that happens said bets will go on top up later in the week.

King's Stand. Signs of Blessing 8/1 ap and topped up at 8.2 on the machine. I'm slightly worried about the ground with this one but he's run well enough on good, including in the Far East. Also backed Marsha at 4s in a double with Daban for the Jersey (cover both races). Nasty feeling a rag might take this, can't have the fav.

SJP. I'm in an excellent possie in this race as I have Barney Roy as a second part of a double with Ribchester (Lockinge, both 3/1) and have topped up since at 11/4 and 5/2. I will probably go in again tomorrow. I have protection as Churchill was backed in a double a bit ago with Le Brivido (like Daban in the Jersey) at 8/11 and 5/1. Have lost a little on Al Wukair ap in this race.

Did you manage to get off work for it Euro?

Thanks
    Oh aye. I had to work a couple of years back and it nearly killed me. Never again.

Hopefully this place will pick up during the week. My excitement level isn't at Cheltenham level - 8 on the richter scale rather than a 10. Can't wait.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I love Royal Ascot; got there in 93 for all days bar Gold Cup Day and made the Friday in 2009 .
    The best of the best.
    My ew lucky 15 for tomorrow is
    Cougar Mountain
    Muthmir
    Thunder Snow
    Cartwright.

happy punting all.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to edgt For This Useful Post:

PRICEWISE2008 (20th June 2017)

Thanks
    Oh aye. I had to work a couple of years back and it nearly killed me. Never again.

Hopefully this place will pick up during the week. My excitement level isn't at Cheltenham level - 8 on the richter scale rather than a 10. Can't wait.
    Yeah should do, there's still a few good posters about in the summer months, mind you it's a shame gus isn't about at the moment.

Not me alas, I just about get away with using 7 days holiday for Cheltenham and Aintree

Thanks
    Will be laying Ribchester in the first-my nap of the week.Bet365 are going 1/4 odds -4 places best price in the village on the Kings Stand-this is an excellent offer.I am going to throw a few quid each way on Washington DC-he is drawn next to the juicehead -and if she scorches the turf it might drag him into the race.

Thanks
    Morning

5.00-Endless Acres

Each Way @ 12-1 [Skybet] 5 places

Is a stayer I've taken a shine to this season
    "The wise man is one who knows what he does not know"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LUKE View Post
    Will be laying Ribchester in the first-my nap of the week.Bet365 are going 1/4 odds -4 places best price in the village on the Kings Stand-this is an excellent offer.I am going to throw a few quid each way on Washington DC-he is drawn next to the juicehead -and if she scorches the turf it might drag him into the race.
    Thought similarly myself, as the Yank is likely to tow them along on the stand rail. Can't see Marsha lasting home given that pace scenario, either.

Thanks
    Great meeting and I love that Wesley Ward brings some over as it makes it a better meeting in my view. The only frustration thing is it is hard to judge any form and they could be anything. Prices aren't as short as I thought on his so am a icking them in some each way multiples.

I agree with Luke that Ribchester is worth taking on and Mutakeyef for me is the one to be on.

I also like Oceane for Alan King on the card, ground should be fine.

Rivet is over priced returned to fast ground 7f. I think they will go too quick and it will pick up some place money.

Good luck all, looks like I am being made redundant today so I'll need something to cheer this afternoon!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Part time punter View Post
    Great meeting and I love that Wesley Ward brings some over as it makes it a better meeting in my view. The only frustration thing is it is hard to judge any form and they could be anything. Prices aren't as short as I thought on his so am a icking them in some each way multiples.

I agree with Luke that Ribchester is worth taking on and Mutakeyef for me is the one to be on.

I also like Oceane for Alan King on the card, ground should be fine.

Rivet is over priced returned to fast ground 7f. I think they will go too quick and it will pick up some place money.

Good luck all, looks like I am being made redundant today so I'll need something to cheer this afternoon!
    Rivet is over a mile.

Thanks
    Bugger, that is a school boy error. Got to hope he is settled better and can come home strong at the finish then. Fast ground should suit....

SlimChance

Excellent betting style. I'm looking at e/w multiples with 365 around Barney Roy.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to SlimChance For This Useful Post:

Euronymous (20th June 2017)

SlimChance

I love flat racing but I have to agree that its nothing like Cheltenham. Also there is just too many short ones this week.

SlimChance
    Quote Originally Posted by Part time punter View Post
    Bugger, that is a school boy error. Got to hope he is settled better and can come home strong at the finish then. Fast ground should suit....
    I don't understand why they don't run/win the Jersey with him.

Thanks
    I'm hoping that Brother Bear will kick off what could be a very good meeting for Jessie. Both her 2yo's are currently top rated for their gender by RPR and her runner in the Gold Cup has huge potential although going into the unknown this week. Muthmir could be back to former levels and at the price looks value especially with those going 5 places.
    Oceane is the other one I've backed.

Thanks
    Royal Ascot Top Trainers 2009+

Trainer Runs Wins Places Win % EW % Win PL EW PL ROI A/E IV
    A P O'Brien 170 29 70 17.06 41.18 38.02 -69.47 22.36 0.99 2.4
    J Gosden 138 18 45 13.04 32.61 1.23 -41.07 0.89 1.21 2.03
    Sir M Stoute 108 16 40 14.81 37.04 -8.27 -47.05 -7.66 0.94 2.22
    M Johnston 162 11 27 6.79 16.67 -73 -71.3 -45.06 1.04 1.22
    Wesley A Ward 37 7 10 18.92 27.03 35.5 -27.2 95.95 1.4 3.29
    S Bin Suroor 115 6 31 5.22 26.96 -57.5 -24.7 -50 0.54 0.85

Thanks
    oops not very good soz